+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fine margins-our luck has run out.

Fine margins-our luck has run out.

SD has always spoken about the fine margins and for the large part we have always gained enough points and stayed in the PL on fine marginsThe wins were largely by one goal margins which relied on a terrific defense and catching other teams at the right time.Unfortunately the other teams have all improved and we have stood still for the last 3-4 seasons.The margins got tighter every year
    Now our luck has run out.There simply aren`t three teams worse than us in the PL.Our complete front line seem unwilling or unable to shoot and find the net and that includes the new boys.We have not addressed our midfield problem for way too long.The lack of investment is there for all to see.
    Burnley,Norwich and Watford will be relegated and watching the dross served up weekend,weekout-we deserve it.

Losing 1- 0 to the second best team in the PL is no disgrace. From what I heard Allison kept them in the game, as you would expect from a top class keeper. Pope did the same for us.

Having run businesses for nearly 40 years a set back like relegation has to be viewed as an opportunity, not a disaster. Both Norwich and WBA have shown that a club does not needs billions to be promoted.

It has been great being in the PL for six years. Sadly, financially, that has been to the benefit of Garlick, not the club.

We move on. We have recruited well recently with Cornet, Collins, Roberts and WW. Younger and better, I would suggest.

We are looking outside these shores to bring in foreign talent at less cost.

Older, more expensive players should be moved on to reduce the wages bill. The back office needs to be looked at - do we need coaches for everything?

From my business experience it is sensible to increase revenue but also look at the expense side of the P&L to release cash flow. If we are relegated, should we be paying someone £80k per week.p? Is that value for money?

Similarly, if SD and the team are not up for a season in the Championship, it is time to say “good bye”. Why else would we pay him £3 million plus a year?

Having spent a lot of my carrer working with private equity houses I can assure anyone who cares to read this that, behind the charming Pace smile, ALK will be ruthless. Loyalty and the past count for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    Now our luck has run out.There simply aren`t three teams worse than us in the PL.Our complete front line seem unwilling or unable to shoot and find the net and that includes the new boys.
    ask the Villa fans....they were woeful - meaning theres likely more than three, but if We Dont Want To Score, what does it matter. Reds were mediocre today, and many a Pl team would've come away with the points, those at the top would've destroyed them...thats if they'd have played as poorly aginst them as they did with us, which I doubt they would....It's a really hard watch, I spent the game thinking of all the other things I could/should be doing - but not any more, enough is enough, the game is dirty imo, so fluck em.

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post
    It's a really hard watch, I spent the game thinking of all the other things I could/should be doing - but not any more, enough is enough,
    I watched it until Liverpool scored, then I realised there were other other things I could be doing, like watching the Rugby from Rome, so I left Turf Moor and dropped in on the Eternal City, where our boys gave the Eyeties a reyt good seeing to. Very enjoyable, especially watching the unfolding genius of Marcus Smith, the boy wonder.
    Last edited by sinkov; 13-02-2022 at 08:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I watched it until Liverpool scored, then I realised there were other other things I could be doing, like watching the Rugby from Rome, so I left Turf Moor and dropped in on the Eternal City, where our boys gave the Eyeties a reyt good seeing to. Very enjoyable, especially watching the unfolding genius of Marcus Smith, the boy wonder.
    It always amazes me sinkov how there is always a "New Kid on the Block". A precocious talent is this kid mon ami, that is until the Rugby Bullies do him in.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    It always amazes me sinkov how there is always a "New Kid on the Block". A precocious talent is this kid mon ami, that is until the Rugby Bullies do him in.
    There's quite few little 'uns thrived in Rugby Union BT, they'll have to move quick to catch this lad, and he's solidly built as well. Won't stop them trying of course, but I think he'll be fine, every game he plays is recorded and scrutinised, anyone trying to finish his career, it will have to be within the laws, or it could their career over instead.

Best player I ever saw was Barry John, he was 5ft 10ins, he played for years and the game was a lot 'harder' back then.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    SD has always spoken about the fine margins and for the large part we have always gained enough points and stayed in the PL on fine marginsThe wins were largely by one goal margins which relied on a terrific defense and catching other teams at the right time.Unfortunately the other teams have all improved and we have stood still for the last 3-4 seasons.The margins got tighter every year
    Now our luck has run out.There simply aren`t three teams worse than us in the PL.Our complete front line seem unwilling or unable to shoot and find the net and that includes the new boys.We have not addressed our midfield problem for way too long.The lack of investment is there for all to see.
    Burnley,Norwich and Watford will be relegated and watching the dross served up weekend,weekout-we deserve it.
    To be fair CIB all above correct but today we got punished for switching off at a set piece , someone let Mane go - free header and fabiniho was moving we stood still like statues in the box , if you add to that to the fact we’re shot shy our downfall is all our own doing I’m afraid.

Todays showing was as Sean says fine margins and tbh he was right - the bin dippers did a lot of time wasting as well today.

Did you not see Gareth Edwards. Scorer of The Try for the Baa Baa’s against the All Blacks in the 70’s. The conveyor belt was churning out stars every week-Gerald Davies, John Dawes , JPR Williams to name but 3. I had the pleasure of watching all these great players in action at the time.
    As for Marcus Smith he is a special talent , but don’t go overboard beating the Italians. Come back on here if and when you’ve beaten Ireland and France. Then you’ll get some respect.

Quote Originally Posted by malwayne View Post
    Did you not see Gareth Edwards. Scorer of The Try for the Baa Baa’s against the All Blacks in the 70’s. The conveyor belt was churning out stars every week-Gerald Davies, John Dawes , JPR Williams to name but 3. I had the pleasure of watching all these great players in action at the time.
    As for Marcus Smith he is a special talent , but don’t go overboard beating the Italians. Come back on here if and when you’ve beaten Ireland and France. Then you’ll get some respect.
    I can't see us beating France, we might do Ireland and Wales but that's a big "might" this season.

Phookin Yawnion puffs,Superleague is back and better than ever.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)