+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bums twitching at Pride Park?

Bums twitching at Pride Park?

Devoid of anything else to do on a snowy Saturday morning I elected to watch the Peterborough v Derby game today. Quite an entertaining affair after a bit of a cagey first half. Ferguson made a couple of changes at half time after Derby had the best of the first 45 minutes and they made all the difference as Posh came alive in the 2nd half to win 2-0. Despite all their 'big' named players, PW and his three amigos didn't seem to have the wherewithal to counter the opposition changes and I guess that high pitched noise coming out of the East Midlands is that of bums squeaking in and around Pride Park.

Are they going to blow it under pressure? The NYS defectors looked more gaunt than the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse as they made a speedy exit at full time today.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Devoid of anything else to do on a snowy Saturday morning I elected to watch the Peterborough v Derby game today. Quite an entertaining affair after a bit of a cagey first half. Ferguson made a couple of changes at half time after Derby had the best of the first 45 minutes and they made all the difference as Posh came alive in the 2nd half to win 2-0. Despite all their 'big' named players, PW and his three amigos didn't seem to have the wherewithal to counter the opposition changes and I guess that high pitched noise coming out of the East Midlands is that of bums squeaking in and around Pride Park.

Are they going to blow it under pressure? The NYS defectors looked more gaunt than the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse as they made a speedy exit at full time today.
    Fingers crossed

Wouldn't swop my £20 bet with whoever on here whose got Derby to go up! Losses paid to Rotherham Hospice.

It seems to me if you have a blueprint and follow it then every item built from that blueprint turns out the same

In PW’s world we know what that blueprint is. Start strong, press hard, pick up points, get injuries, fade in the second half, no plan B then start looking over your shoulder as to who might catch up.

Sometimes nobody catches up and the fans think you’re the best thing since sliced bread

A lot of similarities with us the last few games Press isn’t working 1 up front at home with no support big hoof ball panic when 1 down and no clue how to change it

Quote Originally Posted by uttis View Post
    A lot of similarities with us the last few games Press isn’t working 1 up front at home with no support big hoof ball panic when 1 down and no clue how to change it
    Yes, it’s uncomfortably similar

Some Derby County fans comments on the team, on losing today at Peterborough United.

1 - Simply not fit & good enough

2 - Worst manager Derby have employed

3 - I would say not a Derby fan with -
    * - Derby are nothing, A rag-tag collection of never-was-beens,
    * - Journey men & league 2 standard lambs.

Just need Wendies to implode, us to stay up, and all's well.

Lot of old key players in that Derby team which given when Warne took the job isn't probably his fault .

They need to get themselves in front in the first half or they are done for against the better teams in league one .

It's not that Derby aren't fit its the fact if they don't land the knock out punch they will lose the fight on points .

This works fine with the majority of this league but when you come against ourselves or Peterborough and the rest of the top six who can take a decent punch and shake it off it isn isn't so easy .

There’s still a decent chance that it could be Derby v Sheffield Wednesday in the league 1 play off final

Wouldn’t that be fun

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast