+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rev's re appearance / Euros

Rev's re appearance / Euros

Can't help but notice that the Rev reappears and it looks like England could win the Euro's!

Been a debbie downer on the three lions over the years but looks like they are the real deal this year. Think it's their year to win it.

Credit to Southgate. Picked some young players and put his full faith in them. He's picked quite a few line ups that were panned by the "pundits" and it's all worked out for him. Kane was not even sharp in the group play and they still went through.

I do hope you win it this time. It's means so much to your country.

It would be good for the country…Debbie does Denmark.

Getting a wee bit excited about the Habs though.

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    Can't help but notice that the Rev reappears and it looks like England could win the Euro's!

Been a debbie downer on the three lions over the years but looks like they are the real deal this year. Think it's their year to win it.

Credit to Southgate. Picked some young players and put his full faith in them. He's picked quite a few line ups that were panned by the "pundits" and it's all worked out for him. Kane was not even sharp in the group play and they still went through.

I do hope you win it this time. It's means so much to your country.
    Hope he doesn't put the curse now he's back Where you from Spaldy? I gather your not English by your wording?

You are correct. Indianapolis.

Grew up in St Louis. Not much football being played in the US back then but St Louis was a hotbed.

Neighborhood pub barkeep was a huge Leeds fan. Had a kit on before I was 6 or 7. would have been in the later 60's. Remember it as being almost all white. I think it had an owl but cant be sure. Wish I still had a pic of it. Lost in one of the moves.

Congrats to the 3 lions. Big win for you. Has to be the Rev factor!

Grew up in St Louis. Not much football being played in the US back then but St Louis was a hotbed.

Neighborhood pub barkeep was a huge Leeds fan. Had a kit on before I was 6 or 7. would have been in the later 60's. Remember it as being almost all white. I think it had an owl but cant be sure. Wish I still had a pic of it. Lost in one of the moves.

Nice weird isn't it people different nationalities falling in love with a team from a different country. We moved from Greece to Ozzie in 72 black and white tv days and the only football on tv was the local crap league and the big match. The bald guy was the compare and fell in love the way Leeds were playing and back then the white stood out on tv. I get up all hours of the day just to see us play.

Would have been Brian Moore if memory serves me right. 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwhites View Post
    Would have been Brian Moore if memory serves me right. ��
    Yeah think so and then the beared dude took over.

https://twitter.com/footballmemorys/...349064192?s=20

Owl badge correct Spaldy - The old Owl badges incorporated the Leeds City coat of arms emblem that flags fly throughout the city on Civic buildings and the Town hall even has one on its tower.

Before the days of embroidered shirt badges the old Owl badge was sewn on via a patch with it printed on.

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    Yeah think so and then the beared dude took over.

https://twitter.com/footballmemorys/...349064192?s=20
    Jimmy Hill ??

Thanks MT. Mind is not what is used to be!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)