+ Visit Sheffield Wednesday FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: That penalty sending off.

That penalty sending off.

Thought Best dived but can understand why the ref gave it from the angle he had...sending off a bit harsh even if it was a pen...do I care?, not really, next week it'll probably happen to us...again.

re: That penalty sending off.

Looked a stone wall penalty to me, clipped his heels.

Quote Originally Posted by aussieowl
    Thought Best dived but can understand why the ref gave it from the angle he had...sending off a bit harsh even if it was a pen...do I care?, not really, next week it'll probably happen to us...again.
    Once the ref had given the foul - which replays and the lack of ranting and raving from QPR suggests was the correct decision - he had no option but to send him off.
    Denying a clear goal scoring opportunity is a red card offence and Best had a shot on goal from 6 yards out had Dunne not clipped him.

Maybe 50/50 for the send off...he was wide of the goal & close to the keeper...I'm pretty sure all Best was thinking about was going down with the slightest of touches...anyway it doesn't matter, we've had plenty go against us.

Swings and roundabouts...The Wigan keeper should have walked..How he stayed on the pitch was unreal..Don't know what the ref was thinking by giving him a yellow card...
    Sh!t happens, as they say.

Exactly Braggy.

This one wasn't a sending off. Apparently the ref told Barton that if you can get a shot on goal and get brought down, it's classed as a goal scoring opportunity and a red card.

Dive for me, never a foul and never a red card.

But, its about time we had some decisions for a change.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)