+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Is your pot still empty ?

Is your pot still empty ?

Your team is doing rather well under S McC, but does he have the cash to sustain this ? He doesn't give the impression he can spot talent on the playing fields of Derbyshire, but prefers his talent the easy way, the transfer market catalogue.I was under the impression that your current owners had spent all that they can and still losing money, hence the cuts over the past few seasons and selling your one asset Will Hughes if that ever comes off.So without new investment where are you heading?

re: Is your pot still empty ?

You do know it was a 7 million pound loss.

You do know that doesn't mean a cash loss, don't you?

Ac****s are complicated, but as a very reliable poster on another site worked out, it was probably a cash loss of about 2- 3 million.

With added revenue from the big screen and the new advertising boards to add, plus an estimated further reduction in the wage bill, i'm not concerned.

You should be, though

look at our results over the last 15 games awks and you'll have your answer as to where we're heading.

Quote Originally Posted by Akwesasne
    Your team is doing rather well under S McC, but does he have the cash to sustain this ? He doesn't give the impression he can spot talent on the playing fields of Derbyshire, but prefers his talent the easy way, the transfer market catalogue.I was under the impression that your current owners had spent all that they can and still losing money, hence the cuts over the past few seasons and selling your one asset Will Hughes if that ever comes off.So without new investment where are you heading?
    Our "pot" is as empty as your pink seats on matchday

I know what I would like to do in your pot awks. I expect you have had a hard life that's why you keep starting posts where you are made to look stupid. not that it takes much have nice day

Why are people having a go? He's not wrong is he. We haven't got a pot to **** in!

Yanks claimed in Nov that money would be available. No chance?

My pot is full, ****ing like a race horse last night.

Mm well firstly we have signed Dawkins for A?500k so thats a commitment int erms of wages, agents and signing on fees.

Whitbread Bamford and Wisdom on long term loan they aren't free.

True we haven't gone out and bought a player, but thats not because SM does not have the cash, a player of the rigth quality who will fit the role needed has to be found andthen agree to come here and his club agree to sell. These matters are more complicated than it seems.

I'm content that McClaren isn't ging out and signing players willy nilly, thats not required, as has been said on here a left abck and holding midfielder would be useful additions but finding the right player at the right price who is available in january is tricky.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)