+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rory Sutherland

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    To be fair Juan Sara got booked for removing his shirt during goal celebrations when there was a clear directive that the removal of your shirt was a bookable offence. He started just rolling it up once he realised what a bunch of killjoy, pompous *******s were in charge of the game here.

As regards taking the knee. I didn't see the start of the game and actually only caught about five minutes of it but if the players didn't kneel to political pressure then they're to be congratulated for that.

I did hear though that the players were socially distanced entering the field and singing the anthems, then ten minutes later were involved in scrums, rucks and mauls.

If these two things don't send a signal to our PC masters then they're as thick and detached from reality as we think they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    George Floyd is the only black person killed by racist policemen in America.

BLM is a marxist organisation.

Covid is a hoax.

All facts to the average hard-right conspiracy theorist Daily Express reader.
    Why make sarcastic comments like the above. I think you are missing the opportunity to explain what you think BLM stands for. Pouring scorn on ideas and opinions that you disagree with will not help the causes that you support IMO.
    I value the contribution you make to this forum because you have a different point of view. Calling people hard-right conspiracy theorist Daily Express readers isn't going to help IMO. Have you read any of the stuff written by Hitchens or Lord Sumption? It seems logical and reasonable to me but I don't believe that they are providing a route out of lockdown. They seem to me to explain why we are where we are. There is a difficulty for democracy in trying to get everyone to act the same way. China, a totalitarian state, can make general edicts and force its citizens to comply. Western democracies can't do that and yet the Chinese model for suppressing the virus was the model adopted for us.
    I think the vaccinations will suppress the incidence of the virus and herd immunity will lead to a return to normal. Seems to me that we are getting our vaccination programme up to speed and we should be thinking very differently about the virus by end of April beginning of May. Vaccine passports are essential and it must be possible to link the passport number with the vaccination record.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Why make sarcastic comments like the above. I think you are missing the opportunity to explain what you think BLM stands for. Pouring scorn on ideas and opinions that you disagree with will not help the causes that you support IMO.
    I value the contribution you make to this forum because you have a different point of view. Calling people hard-right conspiracy theorist Daily Express readers isn't going to help IMO. Have you read any of the stuff written by Hitchens or Lord Sumption? It seems logical and reasonable to me but I don't believe that they are providing a route out of lockdown. They seem to me to explain why we are where we are. There is a difficulty for democracy in trying to get everyone to act the same way. China, a totalitarian state, can make general edicts and force its citizens to comply. Western democracies can't do that and yet the Chinese model for suppressing the virus was the model adopted for us.
    I think the vaccinations will suppress the incidence of the virus and herd immunity will lead to a return to normal. Seems to me that we are getting our vaccination programme up to speed and we should be thinking very differently about the virus by end of April beginning of May. Vaccine passports are essential and it must be possible to link the passport number with the vaccination record.
    Sumption article brilliant yesterday.

Meanwhile in Scotland corruption is rife, govt lies, hinders dodges lies and plays for time.
    Football equivalent of taking the ball into the corner.😎

Murrell admits lying under oath, let's see if he's lifted.

Meanwhile a gun totting American citizen is held up as a saint and honoured by lower league Scottish footballers.

We won't think differently until Govt backtrack or find a way to backtrack without admitting they are backtracking.

I hope you, Deecom, Gantzer, Biffo, Eric and others are right and i am miles off it......you all still seem to have faith Govt will do the right thing..

I don't.

I wasn't being in any way sarcastic - obviously this was the first I've read of the other post you quoted because I have the poster 'on ignore' - now that's sarcasm.

I have no issue with BLM, if they want to make their points and challenge what are in many cases clear targeting of race they are free to do so and that's absolutely the way it should be. However they are, whether we like it or not, a political organisation - just because they don't align with a parliamentary party or stand for election themselves their cause is very clearly political. Politics, party, social or whatever, must be kept out of sport or where does it end?

This taking the knee in sport thing is in support of black colleagues who may be subject to racist abuse, I understand that, however as a symbol of support it is inexorably aligned to BLM and as such should be nowhere near football. There are plenty other ways to challenge inequality and we've seen a number over the years. Let's leave it to the odd red card or rainbow lace thing that can be done as a show of support once then players get back to normal. As it stands it looks very much like someone high up has decreed players on live TV football games WILL take the knee before games, that in itself denies the players a basic fundamental human right i.e. the right of choice.

I didn't see the rugby on Saturday but admire all the players and officials who chose not to make a political statement at a sporting event. I notice nothing is being made of this in the media.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    I wasn't being in any way sarcastic - obviously this was the first I've read of the other post you quoted because I have the poster 'on ignore' - now that's sarcasm.

I have no issue with BLM, if they want to make their points and challenge what are in many cases clear targeting of race they are free to do so and that's absolutely the way it should be. However they are, whether we like it or not, a political organisation - just because they don't align with a parliamentary party or stand for election themselves their cause is very clearly political. Politics, party, social or whatever, must be kept out of sport or where does it end?

This taking the knee in sport thing is in support of black colleagues who may be subject to racist abuse, I understand that, however as a symbol of support it is inexorably aligned to BLM and as such should be nowhere near football. There are plenty other ways to challenge inequality and we've seen a number over the years. Let's leave it to the odd red card or rainbow lace thing that can be done as a show of support once then players get back to normal. As it stands it looks very much like someone high up has decreed players on live TV football games WILL take the knee before games, that in itself denies the players a basic fundamental human right i.e. the right of choice.

I didn't see the rugby on Saturday but admire all the players and officials who chose not to make a political statement at a sporting event. I notice nothing is being made of this in the media.
    Apologies Deeranged. I was working with my phone and did not realise I had multi quoted and included you in my post. Just a outside a heart attack when I read your reply. I thought it was Taintedice who had written it and I thought, why doesn't he post like this all the time if this is what he believes? Actually thought my appeal to him had worked! Will have to calm down!

I am hopeful that our MSP 's will rise to the occasion and produce all the information that Salmond believes show his case. I hope Nicola gives her evidence, and that someone will win. There's nothing disastrous for Scotland in the outcome. Our system will have been seen to work and the failings will clearly be the failures of the individuals involved.
    OUR system is highlighting the issues Rross. That's a good sign and I think we will see heads fall.

Apologies Deeranged. I was working with my phone and did not realise I had multi quoted and included you in my post. Just a outside a heart attack when I read your reply. I thought it was Taintedice who had written it and I thought, why doesn't he post like this all the time if this is what he believes? Actually thought my appeal to him had worked! Will have to calm down!
    Black Lives Matter did not come about because of George Floyd, don't let the hard-right sucker you

Since achieving their aim of getting rid of the white supremacist Trump government, have you heard anything about them? Any riots?

When the quarantine hotels are up in running in Scotland, the country will be in a position to start removing some of the restrictions, at least get the high st shops open again, still can't get a haircut which is a joke. The country will always be held back by the incompetence of the UK govt unfortunately, hopefully this is reflected in the May elections. And rros doesn't mind labels, he uses them all the time

I am hopeful that our MSP 's will rise to the occasion and produce all the information that Salmond believes show his case. I hope Nicola gives her evidence, and that someone will win. There's nothing disastrous for Scotland in the outcome. Our system will have been seen to work and the failings will clearly be the failures of the individuals involved.
    OUR system is highlighting the issues Rross. That's a good sign and I think we will see heads fall.
    Salmond won't even appear now.

What's the point.

The magpies have given the sign, the Murrells are evil.

Btw Portland still burning today, BLM and Antifa just seem to like burning things.🙂

White people rioting in support of ethnic minorities - so so baaaaaad
    White people rioting in support of white supremacy - so so goooood

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)