+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: ot - Yorkshire cricket

I think its just getting ridiculous now, and it concerns me that some might now be simply jumping on a speeding band wagon.
    Im not denying any of Rafiq's claims, but lets not forget about the context and way that certain things are said in.

Pity that we can’t all speak another language.
    There may be some VERY different headlines.
    But…….. majority of cricketers (and indeed the general public, can’t recognise and understand the racism that occurs in the other direction..
    It happens !

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Hey up Acido,how's things in Racist Yawkshire ? 😁
    I’ve actually lived in Brierfield for 18 months Alf… How dare you label us racists! Lol

Azeem Rafiq now apologises for historical anti-Semitic messages and apologies to the Jewish community

What a ongoing saga this is.

This is just stupid isn't it, if the whistle blower himself has made similar comments that we could all similarly 'take the wrong way' !!.

Well well , pot calling the kettle .........??

Sheck mi eeard

like i said in post 20

Sounds like someone's been into his fish n chip shop and accused them of making bombs there ? It's all getting embarrassing .

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Pity that we can’t all speak another language.
    There may be some VERY different headlines.
    But…….. majority of cricketers (and indeed the general public, can’t recognise and understand the racism that occurs in the other direction..
    It happens !
    Avva mate who has just retired as an umpire in the Halifax Cricket League and he told me of teams comprising 8 or 9 of SE Asian heritage who regularly spoke to each other on the pitch in Urdu and were clearly disrespecting opponents or even white members of their own team as the Urdu comments were followed by laughter and pointing/looking at the individual they were mocking. It lead to a rule that only English could be spoken during games and, by some miracle, the mocking laughter stopped.
    A dunt agree with the formation of the Bradford Asian League only open to teams made up of players of SE Asian heritage, Imagine the outrage and uproar if it were a Bradford English League only open to those of white British heritage.
    It's a reyt canna wurms.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 19-11-2021 at 09:33 AM.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast