+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Solihull Appoint Ardley

Why was our best chance of return his first season in the NL? It's a complete myth, look at the stats, look at the facts Davy.

Only entitled fans of teams relegated out of the FL believe that, in reality it's just not the case.

In my opinion this the hardest league to get out of from the Championship down. Due to the level players are far more inconsistent both ways which is shown by the likes of Barrow and Sutton, nowhere the season before then win it. Hartlepool, Stockport, Chesterfield, Wrexham been in it for years, think Luton we’re in it for 7 years, unfortunately Notts don’t have the god given right to walk it.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Why was our best chance of return his first season in the NL? It's a complete myth, look at the stats, look at the facts Davy.

Only entitled fans of teams relegated out of the FL believe that, in reality it's just not the case.
    It was certainly our best chance so far seeing as we got to the P/O final and only needed to win 1 match for an immediate return?

True only 90 mins away but by the same score it also confirms that it was a good achievement to reach the play off final at the first attempt. Although many viewed that season as a failure due to not getting promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    So relieved, nothing to do with Ardley or Solihull but now we won't hear the same broken record suggestion of NA whenever a NL or L2 club needs a new manager.

I'm sure he will get a good reception at Meadow Lane on his return. Not that I viewed Moors as a promotion rival next season, and they won't be under Ardley but I wouldn't be surprised to see them improve from this seasons 11th placed finish.

Playoffs perhaps?
    They finished the season like a house on fire... I quite fancy them to be up and around the promotion spot and at least finish in the playoffs...happy for NA, took some serious stick and a lot was to be expected but never wished him anything but good luck...

Quote Originally Posted by irish_pie View Post
    They finished the season like a house on fire... I quite fancy them to be up and around the promotion spot and at least finish in the playoffs...happy for NA, took some serious stick and a lot was to be expected but never wished him anything but good luck...
    Sounds like hes inherited a good squad.looks like his only obstacles are going to be pitches with long grass...?!

They will be up there. Good luck to him. he probably works better as an underdog.

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Shows what his true level is National league
    Totally incompetent, signed around 50 crap players, relegated us, then blew our best chance of a return not once, but twice
    I said he got a poor team promoted from League Two into League One and your response is that his level is national league... a league he might never have seen if he hadn't taken the job at Notts.

"Totally incompetent" in response to playoffs two years running.

"signed around 50 crap players" the ones that got us into playoffs two years running? The ones IB just got into a killer win run? Those are your idea of crap? What's your idea of good?

"Relegated us" is absurdly reductive as I've said before.

I dunno if it's worth continuing a "discussion" with you if all you do is restate your opinions over and over again with exactly nothing backing them up.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    It was certainly our best chance so far seeing as we got to the P/O final and only needed to win 1 match for an immediate return?
    Then he blew it!

Quote Originally Posted by Jampie View Post
    I said he got a poor team promoted from League Two into League One and your response is that his level is national league... a league he might never have seen if he hadn't taken the job at Notts.

"Totally incompetent" in response to playoffs two years running.

"signed around 50 crap players" the ones that got us into playoffs two years running? The ones IB just got into a killer win run? Those are your idea of crap? What's your idea of good?

"Relegated us" is absurdly reductive as I've said before.

I dunno if it's worth continuing a "discussion" with you if all you do is restate your opinions over and over again with exactly nothing backing them up.
    We were not in the relagation places when he was appointed.

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast