+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Your best 11

Your best 11

Johnstone
    Bree Chester Terry Taylor
    Whelan Jedi
    Elmo hourihane Green
    Kodjia

That's a pretty unadventurous team Bongo. I don't think you can play Whelan and Jedi together with a back four and hope to score a lot of goals.
    I don't think I can put together my best 11 which just goes to show the amount of options available to SB. On paper we seem to have a strong squad. Now we need to see it consistently on the pitch!

Bosnich
    Cole Staam Staunton
    Young Ronaldo Messi Ronadinho
    Yorke David Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink

Johnstone
    Chester Terry Samba

Elmo Jedi Snoddy Hurricane

Hogan Kodija Green

Johnstone
    Bree/Terry/Chester/Taylor
    Elmo/Onomah/Whelan/Hourihane
    Davis/Kodija

Green & Davis should get regular run-outs, Hogan as backup to the Koj (who is likely to take some time to get sharp again)

The thing with loans WCV, is that the parent club usually throw in a play or return clause. So I’d say Onomah, Johnstone and now Snodgrass will have to be given at least a decent starting run. In Snodgrass’s case, Wham would eventually be looking for a fee next summer and sitting on our bench all season decreases his value. I’d expect all three to start barring injury or a ridiculous loss of form. Probably starting at the expense of Davis and Green, who will come off the bench. What now for Lansbury, Adomah and Thor I wonder, especially when Jack is back?

Good points Ex but you shouldn't have to play loanees if they're playing well enough. Those three you mentioned need to prove their worth in a Hourihane type way which they haven't up till now. Definitely an overcrowded midfield but a nice dilemma for SB to have

Johnstone
    Elmo Terry Chester Taylor
    Adomah whelan Hourihane grealish
    Snodgrass
    Kodija

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)