+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 📺National League streaming to begin this month

It's all a bit of a moot point as looking at the weather forecast I can't see many if any of the NL being played

I understand from reading another message board (Redpassion) that article 48 (blackout on Sat between 2:45 and 5:15) is suspended during the World Cup. So anyone can watch this weekends games. This is why BT could show York v Wrexham at 3pm last week, and so glad they did as I got to see the Wrexham “winner” on 90 mins followed by the York equaliser in injury time.

Done a bit of digging around this.
    Next two weeks is the trial run (whilst the WC is still on) which enables them to stream all National league step one (us) matches, regardless of start time.
    Boxing Day sees the launch of the full ‘normal’ service. By that time the 3pm blackout is back in play and UK viewers will not be able to watch live matches at 3pm. Only overseas subscribers will be able to view.

Next season step 2 and 3 will be included in the deal.

Seems the league are running the platform rather than the clubs so that means you’re signing up once to the service (remember after the next fortnight is done 3pm games for uk are blacked out) you view it from them. Means you can switch between any game they’re showing.

Hopefully means the service will be working fine this weekend for the away game and all that pay should…it’s a trial so expect bugs, co ck up galore etc…work.

As the vast majority of NL supporters are in the UK I dont see how this is a success ?

I cant imagine many fans overseas logging in for it in reality.

Wrexham have the USA link but people in the States are more likely to watch premier league or Germany footy at 3pm Saturday.

It was fine when footy was BCD in Covid but it seems a bit pointless to me if what I have read is correct
    Last edited by SwalePie; 09-12-2022 at 01:06 AM. Reason: Fixed typos

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    As the vast majority of NL supoorters are in the UK I dont see how this is a success ?

I cant imagine many fans overseas logging in for it in reality.

Wrexham have the USA link but people in the States are more likely to watch premier league or Germany footy at 3pm Saturday.

It was fine when footy was BCD in Covid but it seems abit pointless to me if what I have read is correct
    Seems to me the only matches available to UK will be midweek matches.

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    Seems to me the only matches available to UK will be midweek matches.
    I'm sure the computer savvy amongst us could find a work around the 3pm blackout in the UK

I think it should be down to the home club if they want the games streamed or not. This gives them a bit more control over whether they think it would have a detrimental effect on their finances or not and whether it'd be worth while putting the stream on.

All the details on the official site now:

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news...gue-tv-081222/

Anyone know where to find it yet on iptv?

It stings a bit that the league have capitulated to Deadpool, but I like the idea of being able to watch tomorrow’s game and it’s good that the 3pm blackout will resume when the World Cup is over. The good thing is I can’t see it affecting the away followings that say Gateshead and Barnet will bring because it would only have been the diehards anyway. Oldham will be interesting though.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast