+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Electric Scooters.

Electric Scooters.

I was out exercising in Tenby today and almost got wiped out by some middle-aged hippie looking cretin on an electric scooter who flew past me grinning at what felt like about 20-25 miles per hour.

How the f u c k can it be legal to ride at these sorts of speeds on a pavement?

This sort of contraption attracts the lowlife and moron type element in UK society.........it's about time that these things had to be fully registered and insured and limited to a top speed of around 6-8 miles per hour.

Has anyone else fallen foul of one of these e-scooters?

People have already been killed and maimed in the UK by them!

Seen them lots in other parts of Europe. Saw lots in Stockholm last year; I think they’re great, I’d love one, it would be ideal for me to pop into town. At the moment, though, privately owned electric scooters are illegal in this country unless ridden on private property. The only ones allowed are those operated by registered hire companies and they are supposed to be limited to 15mph.

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    Seen them lots in other parts of Europe. Saw lots in Stockholm last year; I think they’re great, I’d love one, it would be ideal for me to pop into town. At the moment, though, privately owned electric scooters are illegal in this country unless ridden on private property. The only ones allowed are those operated by registered hire companies and they are supposed to be limited to 15mph.
    There’s absolutely no requirement for anyone to travel at 15 mph on a f king footpath Kets.

If you want to be motorised then do it on the road......the footpath is meant for pedestrians.

I’d suggest you’d feel differently if you were related to the young woman killed by one recently.

If I’d been out with my three year old grandchildren today it’d could’ve been a horror story.

This was on a public yet dimly lit footpath due to trees and foliage.

The cretin on the scooter was joyriding.......next time I’m out in this area and I see him I’ll give the prick a shove and see if he thinks it’s as funny as he thought it was today.

As they are used on footpaths they should be restricted to walking speed as that is what they are being used for. Cyclists should be fined for riding on pavements, people out for a run should do it in a field (run).

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I was out exercising in Tenby today and almost got wiped out by some middle-aged hippie looking cretin on an electric scooter who flew past me grinning at what felt like about 20-25 miles per hour.

How the f u c k can it be legal to ride at these sorts of speeds on a pavement?

This sort of contraption attracts the lowlife and moron type element in UK society.........it's about time that these things had to be fully registered and insured and limited to a top speed of around 6-8 miles per hour.

Has anyone else fallen foul of one of these e-scooters?

People have already been killed and maimed in the UK by them!
    I nearly got hit by one in Stourbridge about a month ago. Missed me by 2 feet as I stepped on to the pavement coming out of a shop early in the morning.

As if this government isn't stupid enough already they have gone against advice from leading neurosurgeons and organisations representing the blind and disabled and ratified higher powered motors and batteries for these things in current trials which is a disaster ready to happen. Coventry had to stop their 12 month trial after 5 days due to huge safety issues. Singapore legalised them then eventually banned them as the statistics showed them to be dangerous. If people want to ride like an idiot on the road without safety equipment then that's their stupid fault if they get minced up by a truck.

Problem is, these things will provide yet another outlet for the self entitled brigade to do what the hell they like. I can see a big aggravation factor here in the making between some pedestrians and these low-lifes as the useless police seemingly ignore all of the under aged, uninsured 'innit' morons who openly break the law by endangering pedestrians.

Technology is changing quickly now....There is a group of model airplane flyers in a park near me....modeled on old planes....
    Now you have Drones...that can be invasive to privacy appearing above your head with that awful noise that they make....
    Changing world..

This hit the news last week - there was a snippet on BBC Midlands. Although the max speed is supposed to be 15 mph apparently they are causing havoc is trial towns like (I think Dudley, Stafford and Newcastle-u-Lyme were mentioned). People ditching them all over the place, unstable unless you have the balance of a ballet dancer, allowed on pavements, danger to elderly citizens etc ......... but the youngsters like them and they are green...... so likely to be the future.....

Quote Originally Posted by holmleighchris View Post
    As they are used on footpaths they should be restricted to walking speed as that is what they are being used for. Cyclists should be fined for riding on pavements, people out for a run should do it in a field (run).
    I was out walking as it happens!

If I am out running 🏃*♀️ make sure it’s always me that runs on the road if there’s anyone on the footpath it’s me that avoids them by running on the road.

Footpaths are for pedestrians and the clue is in the “ped” part of that........it’s for people on foot which includes running.

Even Mo Farrah can’t run at 15mph on average!

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    I've seen a lot of people riding them around by us both in the road and on pavements of late. By the evidence of my own eyes I very much doubt they were restricted to 15mph either. Very handy bits of kit for the responsible, mobile death traps in the hands of cretins though.

I hear sales of piano wire are through the roof

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)