+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Warney on his strikers

Warney on his strikers

Exactly how I see them, apart fro Hirst who I haven’t seen yet

"All my strikers have different attributes. Freddie (Ladapo) is a very good poacher, Smudge (Michael Smith) is great at hold-up play and probably the best crosser at the club, as well as being a goal threat. Vass (Kyle Vassell) is a very good number 10, he’s good at getting in the pockets and playing. George (Hirst) has a bit of everything, I’m hoping he comes in and improves the standards because that’s what we want. If he can push the standards up among the group then great, we’ve got good competition for places and whoever I start on Saturday, they’ll know they have to play well to keep the shirt."

Proctor going out then?

Looks like it. Wouldn't go far wrong making a trip up the M18. Donny never really replaced Marquis. Could see Proctor filling those boots adequately

I never thought of Smudge as being the best crosser of the ball at our club

I think he's a great asset to us but I wouldn't have given him that accolade. I bow to PW's better judgement though

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    I never thought of Smudge as being the best crosser of the ball at our club

I think he's a great asset to us but I wouldn't have given him that accolade. I bow to PW's better judgement though
    I get where Warne is coming from on that, he drifts out wide quite a bit and puts balls in the box that you wish he was on the end of.

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    I get where Warne is coming from on that, he drifts out wide quite a bit and puts balls in the box that you wish he was on the end of.
    Exactly this

...........unless he left "dresser" out on purpose.....

Does the signing of Hirst put an end to the interest in the lad from Ross County we have been linked with?

Quote Originally Posted by Karl998yr View Post
    Does the signing of Hirst put an end to the interest in the lad from Ross County we have been linked with?
    Yes, I read somewhere yesterday (probably The Advertiser) that we've ended our interest in him now Hirst has signed.