+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 32 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast

Thread: 📈Form Table Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Sutton review and season stats updated, fair to say the clean sheet helped a few out in the player ratings . . .

https://www.nottscountystats.com/pos...4-sutton-utd-a
    Love your site there, fantastic stuff.

Do you have access to defensive stats like tackle success/failure?

Pass completion / interception?

Basically who is getting possession for us and who is losing it. Not that we seem to have a weak possession game or anything.

Do you know how our goals per corner score compares to the rest of the league? Seems a weak spot at a glance.

Quote Originally Posted by Jampie View Post
    Love your site there, fantastic stuff.

Do you have access to defensive stats like tackle success/failure?

Pass completion / interception?

Basically who is getting possession for us and who is losing it. Not that we seem to have a weak possession game or anything.

Do you know how our goals per corner score compares to the rest of the league? Seems a weak spot at a glance.
    Unfortunately I don't have any of the defensive data as it is really difficult to find or parse from the web. I can probably purchase it but it's very expensive and not necessarily 100% accurate at our level as occasionally there is no data collection agent present at a game, just the clubs analysts and for obvious reasons they won't be the keen on sharing their data.

Regarding corners that is a calculation I can probably look at but only from the start of this season as I have started charting where and how we score and concede goals so I will try and create a visual for this at some point.

Biggest issue I have right now is the number of games we are playing. It's very time consuming putting this stuff together and trying to fit it in between work stuff has been quite challenging the last few weeks!

Swale, UTM, all updated.

UTM, would you be so kind to check my Ardley stats again for any errors? Much appreciated

Unfortunately I don't have any of the defensive data as it is really difficult to find or parse from the web. I can probably purchase it but it's very expensive and not necessarily 100% accurate at our level as occasionally there is no data collection agent present at a game, just the clubs analysts and for obvious reasons they won't be the keen on sharing their data.

Regarding corners that is a calculation I can probably look at but only from the start of this season as I have started charting where and how we score and concede goals so I will try and create a visual for this at some point.

Biggest issue I have right now is the number of games we are playing. It's very time consuming putting this stuff together and trying to fit it in between work stuff has been quite challenging the last few weeks!
    Thanks for the reply! Interesting. How expensive is it likely to be to get the defensive data where available? Just curious.

Regarding your time... I really appreciate what you put in and please don't pile on work for yourself in response to my inane questions or anything. What kind of format is the data coming in as? Have you been able to do much automation?

Swale, UTM, all updated.

UTM, would you be so kind to check my Ardley stats again for any errors? Much appreciated
    Just his overall total PPG (including cups) needs changing to 1.49.

If you're on a laptop or PC, you can check against my Manager's stats page here.......
    http://tvset.byethost12.com/utm/maggies14.html
    Click on a name for their full list of results with a breakdown of WDL FA home and away at the bottom.
    If you're on a tablet or phone, that page will take an age to load because there's so much to calculate.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Just his overall total PPG (including cups) needs changing to 1.49.

If you're on a laptop or PC, you can check against my Manager's stats page here.......
    http://tvset.byethost12.com/utm/maggies14.html
    Click on a name for their full list of results with a breakdown of WDL FA home and away at the bottom.
    If you're on a tablet or phone, that page will take an age to load because there's so much to calculate.
    It's because I've omitted PPG for cup and play off games. I can update that and thanks for the link, really good info that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jampie View Post
    Thanks for the reply! Interesting. How expensive is it likely to be to get the defensive data where available? Just curious.

Regarding your time... I really appreciate what you put in and please don't pile on work for yourself in response to my inane questions or anything. What kind of format is the data coming in as? Have you been able to do much automation?
    It's the automation side I'm struggling with as I literally do everything manually at the moment. Have been looking at getting my head around some coding with things like RStudio etc but it's very time consuming to start with. Have also been looking at various api feeds as well but again finding an accurate one for free at our level is pretty much impossible. The cheapest ones are about the cost of a season ticket at Notts per year and I'm already funding the site hosting etc. It's becoming an expensive hobby!

It's the automation side I'm struggling with as I literally do everything manually at the moment. Have been looking at getting my head around some coding with things like RStudio etc but it's very time consuming to start with. Have also been looking at various api feeds as well but again finding an accurate one for free at our level is pretty much impossible. The cheapest ones are about the cost of a season ticket at Notts per year and I'm already funding the site hosting etc. It's becoming an expensive hobby!
    You'll drive yourself mad.
    I use javascript, typed on notepad, really basic stuff that will look like a 4 year old coded it, but I'm at the point now where all I have to do is paste the days' results from the the BBC fixtures/results page into an offline page that throws out a revised results grid in code form and then once I've uploaded that, every page updates automatically, all of the tables - league positions - manager stats - are all calculated by the scripts. If there's a mistake, it's the BBC's fault.

Patching the code to cope with the extension of last season into August and this one starting in October was a nightmare however, so there can be a down side to doing it that way.

Chap, add a PayPal donate button on your site.

I’m sure some of the guys wouldn’t mind pushing a few quid towards it now and then.

I could advise on how you might at least semi automate it. Private message me with your email.

In this age you might find using powerBI might just make life a lot easier.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    You'll drive yourself mad.
    I use javascript, typed on notepad, really basic stuff that will look like a 4 year old coded it, but I'm at the point now where all I have to do is paste the days' results from the the BBC fixtures/results page into an offline page that throws out a revised results grid in code form and then once I've uploaded that, every page updates automatically, all of the tables - league positions - manager stats - are all calculated by the scripts. If there's a mistake, it's the BBC's fault.

Patching the code to cope with the extension of last season into August and this one starting in October was a nightmare however, so there can be a down side to doing it that way.
    No, I do something similar with all my league tables and match info. I have datasets already created and then copy and paste as you do, but I don't use the BBC. I'm looking at api feeds as everything is automated then, but it's just finding a source that I'm comfortable will provide accurate data every time. And yes, I am driving myself mad!!

Page 32 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast