+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Costa and Roberts

Costa and Roberts

Have we just seen a glimmer of hope?

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    I think Costa has what it takes to succeed with Leeds, just getting him to show it consistently is a challenge at the moment.

Roberts, I genuinely don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    Definitely, Squad men that understand the Bielsa way - ready and willing
    Great!

Llorente looked good and didn't get injured yooohooo

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    Definitely, Squad men that understand the Bielsa way - ready and willing
    Great!

Llorente looked good and didn't get injured yooohooo
    Amen to the second one looked comfortable too.

Quote Originally Posted by LeedsFTW View Post
    I think Costa has what it takes to succeed with Leeds, just getting him to show it consistently is a challenge at the moment.

Roberts, I genuinely don't know.
    Agreed on both counts. Costa needs to be confident in his ability (which we know he has), and we need to accept that he's no brick sh1thouse and will get knocked about a a bit for which he's been criticised in the past. Roberts was lucky to get that through ball to Bamford, (he was on his way down when he hit the ball), and his other touches were poor, including the "shots".

Thought in the current circumstances both Roberts and Costa have risen to the occasion - both - like Llorente - haven't really had much game time - so despite everything they did a job - better than bringing in lazy feckers that wont run - Costa got back for one breakaway by the Saints - won the free kick - didn't see a single Saints player with that commitment - least of all theur tallisman Ings - lazy tw at

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    Thought in the current circumstances both Roberts and Costa have risen to the occasion - both - like Llorente - haven't really had much game time - so despite everything they did a job - better than bringing in lazy feckers that wont run - Costa got back for one breakaway by the Saints - won the free kick - didn't see a single Saints player with that commitment - least of all theur tallisman Ings - lazy tw at
    thought Costa was excellent when he came on and fought defensively - you can see when he plays like that why we bought him but some days he seems a shadow.

Roberts did some good things too especially the ball through for Bambi - what a finish too.

Only player that didn’t really perform
    Second half was Alioski for me who at times seemed to have his head in the clouds.

Sorry, but I'm just not seeing it. They both played better than usual tonight but that's hardly a high benchmark. Roberts made some good runs and played a couple of good passes (incluidng the assist) but he doesn't look quick or fit enough to play our system. His workrate seems to be a fraction of Barndoor's although I obviously don't have the official analysis to confirm that. He missed one absolute sitter and then a more difficult chance. For me, Costa still largely ineffective. Yes, he provided an assist and was fouled for the free kick which also led to a goal (but he shouldn't have dithered on the ball for so long anyway) but overall, he appears to be lazy and drifts away from play. He almost seems to be avoiding the ball rather than wanting it. He falls, or is pushed over, far too easily and often gives away needless fouls in dangerous positions. I would far rather see Poveda when he is fit again or Summerville from the U23s playing - he looks a real prospect.

Both cr@p. regarding costas chasing back, its usually after hes lost possession cheaply.

Quote Originally Posted by asturianblanco View Post
    Both cr@p. regarding costas chasing back, its usually after hes lost possession cheaply.
    Not often i disagree with your posts.... Dont think Roberts is crap, just think he is a good squad player for us and not a starter when all fit, Similar view on Costa, however Costa does have the ability as shown last night..All about opinions mate..

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)