+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Solihull Child Abuse Case.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    Guess, I'm a liberal elite.

First of all, this case is horrific, and I have nothing but contempt for the parents.

What happens in an instance like this is we think emotionally about what we would all love to do to the parents. And I agree with the sentiment of that anger.

But there is always that small chance of a miscarriage of justice in the future where an innocent person is convicted. That is a possibility where there would be no coming back from death for a wrongly convicted person.

Referendum's are dangerous and divisive. There are some decisions that appointed officials should make and this is one of them. We all know capital punishment would be reintroduced if there was a referendum, and that would be to the detriment of the country, in my opinion. We would be going backwards by generations as a country.
    Fine. So how many "little Arthur's" have to die before a change of mind?

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    This subhuman c u n t of a step mother can even be heard on the phone to the emergency operator and seen on police body cam referring to this poor child as "a little sh it" and claiming he was head butting the floor!!!

Her and this kid's pathetic excuse for a father just stood there without an ounce of remorse for the dead child they'd been abusing, feeding with salt and telling that "nobody loved him" for three months.

I'm not a violent person but I can honestly say that I could take a baseball bat to both of these people and beat them until they were tomato ketchup and then flushed away down a drain.

I would have no compunction about beating them both to death, rarely have I felt as upset and angry as I have about this case.
    don’t worry mick I think they’ve got the beatings to come,prison officers will turn a blind eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindenbaggie View Post
    Fine. So how many "little Arthur's" have to die before a change of mind?
    You are implying that if the death penalty was being used in the UK it would have prevented this from happening.

You're asking the wrong question, you should be asking - If someone is prepared to do something which could land them in jail for their rest of their life, would it be that much of a deterrent to them if the death penalty was in place?

My thinking is that it wouldn't.

Its very raw at the moment, and I can understand the emotion. But the death penalty is not the answer.

You are implying that if the death penalty was being used in the UK it would have prevented this from happening.

You're asking the wrong question, you should be asking - If someone is prepared to do something which could land them in jail for their rest of their life, would it be that much of a deterrent to them if the death penalty was in place?

Its very raw at the moment, and I can understand the emotion. But the death penalty is not the answer.

When it's 100% crystal clear as in this sad case then it's very much acceptable, they had themselves filmed the abuse, how much more proof do you want?

Well, I think otherwise. If the thought of that rope around your neck if you go further just saves one little kiddie or anyone else, I believe it would be worth it. But, that's just me.

And if the death penalty is not the answer, what is?

So there we have it.......just 21 years for the father and 29 years for the mother!

I’m delighted you feel that is sufficient.

My only issue with the death penalty is that it is not a deterrent as people who commits crimes don’t think they will get caught right
    It’s not the severity of the punishment that stops them

That said I can totally understand the need for s9me sort of retribution, especially as they will be out at some point and probably quite cushy when in jail. There are times when I agree with the death penalty and when I don’t and this case totally breaks my heart and of any sane person, it’s just unthinkable how anyone could do this

Seeing as it took my wife and I 17 years to have a child and countless miscarriages and trips all over the UK to various clinics etc it breaks my heart when I see parents smacking or even shouting at their kids in the supermarket let alone this sort of cruelty. I feel blessed to have a child and try and treat her as such.

I’d prefer jails to be tougher on inmates who have done certain crimes, these people should pay with their blood sweat and tears by doing something for the community so when they get out they feel punished (like the American jail work programmes)

Not sit in jail plying PlayStation and watching sky sports and then get a change of identity when they get out

I think the Vikings were onto something with The Blood Eagle.

If you know, you know.

Some people commit atrocities because they are forced to (e.g. those young Africans taken to join the machete armies) and some may have a chance at being rehabilitated and get away from circumstances that were a big part in their behaviour. And then there are those who are beyond redemption. It might not be their "fault" in that they have genetic or psychological problems but are still unable to change. Dogs are sentient beings but you would put a rabid one down. If someone has committed a heinous crime for which there is irrefutable evidence of their guilt and they show no remorse and, importantly, are very likely to reoffend then why spend massive amounts of money to keep them locked up for years? To what end and for whose benefit? The death penalty won't deter such individuals but it might save a lot of money that could be spent on more deserving causes.

I don’t see what a death penalty does as a deterrent. Someone who has intent to kill will just do it and may not even be aware of what laws will punish them. I doubt they’ll even care.
    The Death penalty is just an easy escape too.. unless they serve a sentence first. It’s the same for suicide bombers, they might die quickly from their own cause but they get away with it.. it’s a cowardly act. The punishment i’d give them and depends on the crime and level of evidence, is a good beating, lashes, electrocution in public. I think that would work as a deterrent and the message would go out loud and clear.
    Not watched the programme and i don’t want to because it really makes me sick and angry that it could actually and did happen.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)