+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Var

As someone else said earlier...if the ref doesn 't get all the camera angles available and VAR is not 100%....then it should be nowhere near our game up here. When we need a review panel for the review panel...then we are in a sh#t way!

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    As someone else said earlier...if the ref doesn 't get all the camera angles available and VAR is not 100%....then it should be nowhere near our game up here. When we need a review panel for the review panel...then we are in a sh#t way!
    Correct.
    VAA. Video Assisted Appealing.
    But there might yet be a need for a 3rd tier.
    World's going mad.

Sums up the refereeing standards in Scottish football.

Var already an absolute shambles

I’m not looking forward to the next time an old firm player goes down in our box when we play them - could be the story on Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    Var already an absolute shambles

I’m not looking forward to the next time an old firm player goes down in our box when we play them - could be the story on Saturday
    Plenty of decisions have gone against the OF so far, especially Celtic. Their first game vs Hearts they had two VAR disallowed goals and a penalty call go against them. I really don't get the OF bias chat when it comes to VAR tbh.

It's alright when it's diddy teams though...when you get a poor ref in an old firm game, then it's bigotry....and that is a problem! Could you imagine the Watt situation happened in an old firm game? There would be statements released..boycotts.....refs with their windows panned in! Giving the refs up here VAR, is like putting wheel trims on your wheelie bin.

Kilmarnock awarded a ridiculous penalty yesterday. Linesman was less than 10 yards away, and he didn’t see any foul.
    These decisions get clubs relegated.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy_Shimmy View Post
    Kilmarnock awarded a ridiculous penalty yesterday. Linesman was less than 10 yards away, and he didn’t see any foul.
    These decisions get clubs relegated.

Terrible decision and not helped by VAR, also thought the Rangers penalty was a poor decision, not sure why on sportscene they were all agreeing it was a pen, never a pen for me

Also not sure with the offsides, I get why it is done how it is but some of these are wafer thin and traditionally would be seen as level and given and in many cases they deserve to be goals, however it does stop blatant wrong calls so pros outweigh cons

Can't say I like var outwith the uglies getting pens against them, like Celtic last two weeks at home, no way they'd be given otherwise, the fact is annoying their fans is a positive

I said VAR would be a disaster and do us no favours over the course of a season,i'm not surprised in the slightest that i finally got something right on here at last.

Our chances of being relegated will increase with.....

A, Our Keeper's,

B, Plastic pitches,

C VAR.

A not so fun fact heard on the beeb last night if i remember it right. 67 games pre VAR and 17 penalties given. Since VAR, 24 games and 18 penalties!

As much as i hate to say it, the Jota offside was farcical with the decision made from the furthest corner possible. Excuse was the on spot camera man didnt catch it, but a fine shot appears on the beeb later. Thought VAR had access to the tv feeds as well?

However, karma is a bitch!

BUT! If that kind of pish is not sorted out, its the kind of decision that could relegate a team no matter how well they are trying to fight against it!

Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)