+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Eastleigh 17.04.21 [NL]

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    My favourite twitter quote of the day:

''It appears the players have downed tools & we have a supply teacher as head coach''.
    It is also a very ignorant comment by fans he has managed football teams at the same or level above us so it makes no sense.

Whether he is good enough we will find out.

My problem is we have also lost two years parachute payment money as well now so their will be even less in the pot to sign players.

We need to be binning the old men who can’t move and get more robust players in it is a simple game in the non league when you think about it just need to play the percentages in other words a direct game.

I've actually seen us lose less home games in the top flight than we have this season in tier 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertomac View Post
    I just listened to that. Up to this interview I've had that feeling we're watching the same game - not this time. He felt we dominated the game and created plenty of chances. We didn't. We were poor and played with no intensity and no attacking intent, at a far too pedestrian pace. Today could have been any of this season's games as it bore all the hallmarks.

My view is that this run of results has been on the cards since January and unfortunately the new man hasn't been able to have any impact and stop the rot. He has my backing in general, but have to say today's post match interview did not give me any confidence.

Thank god we've already gone past the 50pt mark otherwise i'd be very worried. We look exactly like a relegation team. Poor all over the pitch, failure to do basics, fragile mentally etc.
    Agree with all that.

I said your first comment earlier on another thread, but since hearing that interview have, like you, changed my mind.

I'm tending to think along the lines of the tweet gumpy quoted. 'the players have downed tools.'

The frightening thing about today is IB thinks THAT performance is acceptable.

What message is that sending out to the players?

The message it sends me is ‘I have no clue what I am doing, but I want to keep the players happy’.

IB out.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    I've actually seen us lose less home games in the top flight than we have this season in tier 5.
    There's a scary thought!

Quote Originally Posted by Robertomac View Post
    I just listened to that. Up to this interview I've had that feeling we're watching the same game - not this time. He felt we dominated the game and created plenty of chances. We didn't. We were poor and played with no intensity and no attacking intent, at a far too pedestrian pace. Today could have been any of this season's games as it bore all the hallmarks.

My view is that this run of results has been on the cards since January and unfortunately the new man hasn't been able to have any impact and stop the rot. He has my backing in general, but have to say today's post match interview did not give me any confidence.

Thank god we've already gone past the 50pt mark otherwise i'd be very worried. We look exactly like a relegation team. Poor all over the pitch, failure to do basics, fragile mentally etc.
    If he seriously thinks today was acceptable, we’ve got even bigger problems than I thought. So many problems again today: Knowles and Knight can’t play with their backs to goal; players like Wootton and Reeves have got zero confidence; too many lightweight players all over the park - why bring in someone like Griffiths with zero experience or physical presence?; no desire to get among the opposition and no sense of urgency. You don’t have to be very good to beat us.

I’ve written off this season, now I’m starting to worry about next season because for the past four months we’ve basically been diabolical. If the players don’t up their game, there’s going to be a very toxic environment when the fans do eventually return.

A few posters have said they are happy with the appointment of Burchnall and are confident he will take us forward. I'd love to know what that confidence is based on, because I've seen absolutely nothing to give me even a hint of optimism so far. Today, I had no idea at all what his gameplan was. I didn't know who was supposed to be doing what, and I didn't seem to be the only one - the 14 on the pitch didn't seem to know either. The players deserve all the criticism they are getting, but so does Burchnall. This isn't a call for him to be sacked, just a plea for someone to tell me what it is that he offers. What qualities has he shown so far?

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    There's a scary thought!
    We lost 5 home games in 1982/83 (Ipswich, Liverpool, West Ham, Sunderland and Southampton)

Today was defeat number 7. (including Boreham Wood, Maidenhead and now Eastleigh).

The one positive stat I can come up with is that we're still 2 points better off than at this stage last season.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    The one positive stat I can come up with is that we're still 2 points better off than at this stage last season.
    Now that is a surprising stat!

Can't see us finishing this season like we did then, though.

Awful post match interview, still thinks we were better team, its Eastleigh ffs. Slating players that were dropped.

Already dont like him

Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast