+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Sweden why can they get it woohoo wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    Can either of you two explain how keeping pubs open stops people dying of heart disease, which is what you're claiming. Also, projections for 2020 has Sweden at 92k deaths, can you explain how this is less than 89k in 2019.
    Hmmmm, can't actually see either of us claiming that keeping pubs open will stop people dying of heart disease. Keeping them shut might stop a small number contracting Covid - 19 but, for me at least, not enough to justify the collapse of the sector.

Well done picking the lowest (by a good way) death rate in the last ten years for Sweden for comparison.

I read an interesting article that proposed, globally, death rates had been very low in 2019 - you can see that in Sweden's figures. This has resulted in a larger number of 'vulnerable' people being susceptible to the effects of a virus outbreak, these were the people that needed to be protected from the outset but were in fact thrown to the lions. The superstar Virologists didn't see that obviously.

The ten year average mortality rate in Sweden is 90.8K so what you're saying is that there is projected to be an increase of 1,200 deaths in 2020. Have a think about it, that represents 1.3% over the ten year average and kind of indicates that Covid could be responsible for only those 1,200 deaths; fair bit short of the projections I believe.

In Sweden in 2019 88,766 deaths were recorded - wait a minute though that means that in fact 3.5% fewer than the ten year rolling average died last year. Sooooo, over 2019 and 2020 fewer people will die on average than would be expected in any 24 month period DESPITE COVID.

Here's what I'd challenge you to explain. Why is 92,000 deaths in Sweden in 2020 considered so tragic when that same number drew no real attention in 2017 and 2018? Did we have a global pandemic back then too?

Link to a wee graph for you in case you can't find the info -

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...ber-of-deaths/

Sweden - 6000 deaths
    slovakia - 500 deaths
    Norway - 300 deaths
    NZ - 25 deaths

Yup, lockdown doesn't work
    Lol total deaths compared to 5 year average, Sweden has done very very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Hmmmm, can't actually see either of us claiming that keeping pubs open will stop people dying of heart disease. Keeping them shut might stop a small number contracting Covid - 19 but, for me at least, not enough to justify the collapse of the sector.

Well done picking the lowest (by a good way) death rate in the last ten years for Sweden for comparison.

I read an interesting article that proposed, globally, death rates had been very low in 2019 - you can see that in Sweden's figures. This has resulted in a larger number of 'vulnerable' people being susceptible to the effects of a virus outbreak, these were the people that needed to be protected from the outset but were in fact thrown to the lions. The superstar Virologists didn't see that obviously.

The ten year average mortality rate in Sweden is 90.8K so what you're saying is that there is projected to be an increase of 1,200 deaths in 2020. Have a think about it, that represents 1.3% over the ten year average and kind of indicates that Covid could be responsible for only those 1,200 deaths; fair bit short of the projections I believe.

In Sweden in 2019 88,766 deaths were recorded - wait a minute though that means that in fact 3.5% fewer than the ten year rolling average died last year. Sooooo, over 2019 and 2020 fewer people will die on average than would be expected in any 24 month period DESPITE COVID.

Here's what I'd challenge you to explain. Why is 92,000 deaths in Sweden in 2020 considered so tragic when that same number drew no real attention in 2017 and 2018? Did we have a global pandemic back then too?

Link to a wee graph for you in case you can't find the info -

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...ber-of-deaths/
    I'm edging further towards the great global reset every passing week.

It's complete madness to keep locking down.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    I went ten years because I always like plenty data. Although I suppose with 2017 and 2018 mortality being of global pandemic proportions the point would have been even better made with a five year rolling average.

Can either of you two explain how keeping pubs open stops people dying of heart disease, which is what you're claiming. Also, projections for 2020 has Sweden at 92k deaths, can you explain how this is less than 89k in 2019.
    Ahhh those pesky projections again.

1.5 mill brits deid, 70% of over 70s hospitalised and 4000 a day dead by Xmas.

Away to visit my parents.😎

Ahhh those pesky projections again.

1.5 mill brits deid, 70% of over 70s hospitalised and 4000 a day dead by Xmas.

Away to visit my parents.��
    I hope you're not planning on passing through any hard tier borders. It matters you know.

I went ten years because I always like plenty data. Although I suppose with 2017 and 2018 mortality being of global pandemic proportions the point would have been even better made with a five year rolling average.
    Here's how I see it.

Politicians ubber cautious at start only took advice from 1 set of scientists.

Then became bolshie at talk of other ways.

Then the blonde bombshell got ill, 4 weeks of chaos with Hancock running amok.

Too late to back track

Dodgy dossiers.....this is now borderline illega.

What they are doing now is covering their tracks.

Sturgeon, Blondie, Hancock, Whitty and Vallance.....all culpable.

I hope you're not planning on passing through any hard tier borders. It matters you know.
    Apparently I've moved up a tier.🙄

They will never allow old normal back if they can help it.

Anyway great escape tune in my heid, em crossing the tier.

Do do, do do do do do, do do do do do do do do.😁

Here's how I see it.

Politicians ubber cautious at start only took advice from 1 set of scientists.

Then became bolshie at talk of other ways.

Then the blonde bombshell got ill, 4 weeks of chaos with Hancock running amok.

Too late to back track

Dodgy dossiers.....this is now borderline illega.

What they are doing now is covering their tracks.

Sturgeon, Blondie, Hancock, Whitty and Vallance.....all culpable.
    Correct. No way back without admitting failings.

I'm sure Islay will confirm that politicians do not admit failings.

6000 deaths in 3 months isn't that great given their economy has suffered as much as their neighbours and they're now having to deal with a second wave. Clearly you're not going to see sense here so I'll leave you to it although comparing Scotland and Sweden right now, other than a few pubs being shut, what are the big differences in approach that you see?

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)