+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Drastic measures - Koemans to Pique - Marcus to Appo

Quote Originally Posted by Arblasterfromthepast View Post
    I totally agree that he Cole should be given an opportunity. Our form hasn't been good and therefore it would have been the perfect opportunity to try something/someone different. Having said that, I'm still not sure that Cole is a good idea; certainly came out of left field this one. But why sign him and keep him on the bench when we are struggling to score goals.only Schopp can answer that.
    You are spot on & surely if you think about the amount of game time given to Victor & before him Thomas then surely under the current situation where we have been struggling to get our strikers on the pitch then Cole must surely deserve the opportunity to have a go even if it is off the bench but looking from the outside the the treatment he is getting from Mr Schopp is poor

Am wondering abart Cole's recent playing history

--went to Wigan in 2018, loaned out to Burton after six months

--went to Doncaster in Jan 2020 but released after six months

--went to Motherwell 20/21 season but released after a year

--snapped up by Barnsley recruitment team on a free

Summat's not reyt sumweear to me having so many clubs in such a short space of time and being unable to command a fee.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post

Summat's not reyt sumweear to me having so many clubs in such a short space of time and being unable to command a fee.
    But didn’t Morris go around the block a few times.
    And now he should be one of the 1st names on the team sheet.

Keiffer Moore used to attract similar comments when Macca was loaning him out here there & anywhere but we took a punt on him & the rest is history, whilst I understand the doubts about Cole , he did do all right at Motherwell & sometimes it just clicks for a player at a certain club , what I am saying is that I do not know if he will come off or not but we have given him a contract , we are short of available strikers & we are short of goals, surely a bit of game time under these circumstances is worth a punt or do we have to put up with our HC playing Odour up front until he eventually gets a goal just to prove his point , it is clear that Mr Schopp already has his favourites & clearly Cole is not one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    But didn’t Morris go around the block a few times.
    And now he should be one of the 1st names on the team sheet.
    Yes, a number of loans from his parent club Norwich mixed with some long term injuries. Norwich stuck with him though.

Not comparable background to Cole.

Yes agreed on his history SB and that's why I'm not sure he's a good idea as a signing. Point is, we have signed him so what's the point leaving him on the bench. I'd also have liked to have seen victor get an opportunity whilst we're struggling for strikers.

Cole couldn't lace Victor's booits imo. I hope Cole rams them words darn mi throit but a doubt he will. Seh what tha wants abart Adebayejo but he ez summat Cole will nivver ev- the reight attitude and commitment.

Victor should've started against Blackburn fo me. His physical presence is summat wiv been missing since Morris got injured. I appreciate the Belgian lad might ev mooar ability than Victor but Victor would've offered us mooar than Iseka imo.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Cole couldn't lace Victor's booits imo. I hope Cole rams them words darn mi throit but a doubt he will. Seh what tha wants abart Adebayejo but he ez summat Cole will nivver ev- the reight attitude and commitment.

Victor should've started against Blackburn fo me. His physical presence is summat wiv been missing since Morris got injured. I appreciate the Belgian lad might ev mooar ability than Victor but Victor would've offered us mooar than Iseka imo.
    Sorry but I have to disagree with you , as much as we all want Victor to do well the fact is he has had over 50 appearances & his goal return is shocking , you can see why if you watched the Stoke game & last saturday against Blackburn , he misses gobbers, he always performs better when he comes off the bench but I have yet to witness him playing well when he has started, Cole had a cameo at QPR & looked way off the pace but he is never going to get any sharpness sat on the bench & his record last season shows that he knows where the net is but alas I think Mr Schopp will not give him any opportunity however I do not see Schopp lasting too long & Cole might eventually get a chance, we will see .

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post

I agree Pass. I can't understand why you wouldn't start Vic against Blackburn, but we've said that before haven't we? In my opinion, in n all walks of life, if the basic skills are there, attitude is the most important thing, and Victor certainly has a good attitud

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    Sorry but I have to disagree with you , as much as we all want Victor to do well the fact is he has had over 50 appearances & his goal return is shocking , you can see why if you watched the Stoke game & last saturday against Blackburn , he misses gobbers, he always performs better when he comes off the bench but I have yet to witness him playing well when he has started, Cole had a cameo at QPR & looked way off the pace but he is never going to get any sharpness sat on the bench & his record last season shows that he knows where the net is but alas I think Mr Schopp will not give him any opportunity however I do not see Schopp lasting too long & Cole might eventually get a chance, we will see .
    Fair comment Shadders and no need to apologise for disagreement mate. I take your point about the chances that Victor missed in the last 2 games and indeed his goals record overall. However, it's not just goals I was looking for from big Victor. He just gives us a different dimension up front and presents the opposition with a different type of challenge. Some physical presence, robust running and strength. It's something we've been lacking this season in the games I've seen.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast