+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Josh Benson

Josh Benson

Looks like the lad is coming over to " God's Own County " and joining us at Oakwell .

I understand the lad hasn't featured too much for yourselves but none the less I wondering if you lads can give us the rundown on the kid .

Thanks in advance and all the best for the new season clarets .

A bargain at a million quid. I think you will be well pleased with the lad.

We have another three coming through and he was struggling to get a game.

Good luck.

He’s aggressive , competitive, lively likes a tackle and gets about the pitch a bit , young head maybe a little rash but I’d rather he wasn’t going being honest , don’t think he’d have started for us every week but I’d have kept him.

However if we’re not going to give the lad an opportunity good luck to him with you lads , hopefully he does a great job for you and proves our lot wrong.

Not quite at it at PL level, right decision to let him go imo, no reason why he shouldn't be an asset for our Yaarkshire chums in the Championship though.

Thanks for your comments lads , much appreciated .

I hope you Burnsley lot haven't sold us a dud here have you ?.

He sounds like the sort of feisty little competitive player we need, does he have a problem with bookings though if he 'likes a tackle or two' lol. Btw, is it about a mill we've paid as its classed as undisclosed yet again.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post

He sounds like the sort of feisty little competitive player we need, does he have a problem with bookings though if he 'likes a tackle or two' lol. Btw, is it about a mill we've paid as its classed as undisclosed yet again.
    I suspect it's a bit less than that as he wanted to sign for Bolton for free but we turned him down as we've already got a couple of midfield beasts

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post

Involved in 23 first team matches for Burnley and Grimsby in the last two seasons and picked up one booking at Grimsby on 1 February 2020. Give him a chance and I think that he will do well.

Last time I saw him, he came on as sub and gave a pen away within about two minutes, can't get much feistier than that.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Last time I saw him, he came on as sub and gave a pen away within about two minutes, can't get much feistier than that.
    Wow, I don't think even Billy Bremner managed that within a few minutes, and he was one of the feistiest weren't he ? lol.

And Sub, you say give him a chance, and Im sure we will. But how annoying is it though when a manager or coach just doesn't take to a particular player and won't give him a chance. We've seen that so many times over the years.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)