+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Funding page. Deserving ?

Funding page. Deserving ?

I'm seeing someone has suggested a funding page for Our beloved club Aberdeen FC. Wondering what people's thoughts are on this. Personally its a difficult one for me sure these are very difficult times for everyone and there are probably more deserving causes at this time. But despite all our moaning and groaning its a worry how our club will come out of this. Obviously what that money is used for is important .. Me I get £600 p/m state pension so I'm not up for subsidising player wages (they will have to play their own part if they care about the club as we do) But admin and the core folk behind the scenes who without them the club would grind to a halt. But if such a scheme was set up I'd give a couple of quid a month till this is over.

Like you I’d donate, but only if the club were clear about what every member of staff was doing. Just one month where the players and coaches didn’t take a salary would dwarf what the rest of us might contribute

Some of the players have probably accumulated more already than most fans will ever make in their lifetime.

Mcinnes is in that category , with what he's made at afc alone, He shouldn't be taking a wage at this time.

& Milne should step in , He already owes the club at least £10M IMO.

The younger players will have a good few years ahead of them hopefully.

None of them need fans assistance IMO
    Last edited by Jussi; 28-03-2020 at 05:24 PM. Reason: missing millions

Quote Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
    Some of the players have probably accumulated more already than most fans will ever make in their lifetime.

Mcinnes is in that category , with what he's made at afc alone, He shouldn't be taking a wage at this time.

I agree with the above.

I assume that the non footballing staff will be covered by the goverment schemes?

As for giving money to millionaires that want to move us out of Pittodrie, they can phuck off.

Quote Originally Posted by Jussi View Post

This. We've some very, very wealthy people involved with the club compared to the ordinary fan.

I find it hard to help out football clubs during this pandemic. They will just need to suffer like the rest of us. Our own club has extremely wealthy shareholders so I don’t honestly believe they need a normal fans dwindling funds to make the club survive. This will be a test of character for them...it will show us how keen they are for the club.
    I hope no football club goes under because of this but I also hoped no one would die from this. No doubt clubs will suffer but human life is worth more than football clubs especially at this moment in time.
    Keep safe folks...the football will start back up one day.

Nope. Totally undeserving

Most companies will be affected. A whooring amount of people will be affected where are their pages

Clubs are going to go out of business due to this. Thats for sure. But more businesses and people will go broke becuase of it. Football clubs arent special. Sad to lose some but sadly its inevitable
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 29-03-2020 at 06:04 PM.

Not at all comfortable with a request for fans to bail out the club or indeed a funding page as there are government initiatives in place to cover those employees who are on poorer wages already, with one caveat - as a fundamental prerequisite there absolutely has to be reciprocation on the part of the senior players, management and the board who are, in the main, likely to be better positioned to make some form of financial sacrifice. There will of course be some wealthy fans out there but most working fans will inevitably take a hit financially in this crisis like almost everyone else in the country. Surely the board realise that. Difficult and uncertain times ahead for all, of that there’s no doubt, but the altruism has to start at the top.

If you want to buy yer ST early or start doing DNA to help out & you can afford it then fair enough.

As for anything else? Da think so. Certainly not till we see players & board “doing their bit” first.

50% wage cuts would do far more to help than more fan funding. Most of our lads will be much better off than most fans anyway so they need to do their bit first if it came to it, before the fans should.

So it’s a no fae the Moog jury...

Agree on all the above. I have renewed my DNA early. I will probably renew my ST in April. But crowd funding ? Loads of businesses and employees (myself included) are taking large financial hits here. I have not heard anything yet from the 1st team squad on them helping out.
    At a wild guess, 20 first teamers at an average basic of £1,500 per week = £30,000. A 25% voluntary cut is £7,500 per week. As said, a wild a$$ guess, but you get my gist.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast