+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Johnson & Patel

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    Agree entirely and then there's saying Corbyn (Labour) wasn't (isn't) anti-Semetic. Who'd have thunk it!!
    Starmer seems to be dealing with stuff though.

I don't think she would still be there if she was Labour under Starmer.

If she had any honour, she would go anyway. She hasn't apologised for her behaviour, just that if anyone had been hurt by it!

Maybe she was just testing her vocal chords?

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Starmer seems to be dealing with stuff though.

I don't think she would still be there if she was Labour under Starmer.

If she had any honour, she would go anyway. She hasn't apologised for her behaviour, just that if anyone had been hurt by it!

Maybe she was just testing her vocal chords?
    I do agree. She should have walked and if she hadn't, Borisssss should have pushed her. Governments come and go and most stick to their party principles one way or the other but this lot, led by Johnson, lower the standard to a whole new level!!
    Last edited by SmiffyPie; 22-11-2020 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    So Serious, if I understand you correctly, you’re saying that building vast lorry parks, with all the attended cost and inconvenience, is ok because, amongst other reasons, there are RAF bases in Lincolnshire? Really?

As I’m sure you know, there are a lot fewer bases than what there were because they’re not needed anymore. Don’t forget people were promised that Brexit would bring less red tape and cost, not more. That is already looking like the fantasy it always was.
    Morning Fatboy .... Yes you misunderstood the context but that's nothing new.

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    Morning Fatboy .... Yes you misunderstood the context but that's nothing new.
    Please help me understand the context. What have RAF bases in Lincs got to do with hitherto unneeded lorry parks in Kent?

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    Agree entirely and then there's saying Corbyn (Labour) wasn't (isn't) anti-Semetic. Who'd have thunk it!!
    Hello, Smiffy, nice to see you're still around.
    The problem with anti Semitism and Labour is the point at which criticism of the Netanyahu government collides with implied criticism of Jews living here, many of whom despise the Zionist leanings of the Israeli Government. The Israeli government has abused the Palestinians almost as badly as they themselves were abused in Europe (pre-Holocaust).
    It is a fine line and not enough has been made of it by Corbyn and his acolytes. By and large, Jews are kind, balanced and philanthropic people. Why couldn't the Labour party have said so?

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Please help me understand the context. What have RAF bases in Lincs got to do with hitherto unneeded lorry parks in Kent?
    Let's calmly discuss this.

I was using the Lincs WW2 airfields as an example of I assume hitherto, either arable or pasture land, to build these RAF bases as a necessity to defend the country prior to war breaking out. I would assume it was not government land to start with so compulsory purchase orders would be issued. Like wise if logistical lorry parks are deemed necessary to make road haulage work after Brexit is complete, then the comparison is similar in context. Lincolnshire a county I love incidentally, was ideal both geographically and terrain wise. There were more wartime airfields in Lincs than any other county (48) from what I gather. On average , apparently 400 acres per airfield which combined with the others was far greater than your "swathes of land" in Kent.

If I'm not mistaken, I would suggest your anti Brexit views are being brought into play here. If perchance the "swathes of land" you refer to were used to build a large council estate, would you still object? The main word I have used in both comparisons is necessity. Anyway, I must reply to Sid's post, cheers for now.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Hello, Smiffy, nice to see you're still around.
    The problem with anti Semitism and Labour is the point at which criticism of the Netanyahu government collides with implied criticism of Jews living here, many of whom despise the Zionist leanings of the Israeli Government. The Israeli government has abused the Palestinians almost as badly as they themselves were abused in Europe (pre-Holocaust).
    It is a fine line and not enough has been made of it by Corbyn and his acolytes. By and large, Jews are kind, balanced and philanthropic people. Why couldn't the Labour party have said so?
    Interesting post Sidney.

Like wise if logistical lorry parks are deemed necessary to make road haulage work after Brexit is complete, then the comparison is similar in context. Lincolnshire a county I love incidentally, was ideal both geographically and terrain wise. There were more wartime airfields in Lincs than any other county (48) from what I gather. On average , apparently 400 acres per airfield which combined with the others was far greater than your "swathes of land" in Kent.
    It may be my lack of logistical knowledge and experience, but would a lorry park in Lincolnshire be a solution when the problem is in Dover?

Interesting post Sidney.
    Continued ....... Sorry Sid, I was editing my reply when someone called and I posted my reply prematurely. Yes you made some excellent points and I agree with everyone of them as I too despise the way the Palestinians have been treated. If Corbyn had made this point I'm sure he would have avoided a lot of problems. But I'm not knowledgeable enough on this matter and can only assume the "land grabbing and occupation" of Palestinian land etc is somehow a form of Israeli defence? I really don't know.
    Last edited by seriouspie; 23-11-2020 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    It may be my lack of logistical knowledge and experience, but would a lorry park in Lincolnshire be a solution when the problem is in Dover?
    Don't act dense youth because I know you're not. You build on land where the problem may be if that action will solve the problem. I'm having a chuckle as I know you're taking the piss! Anyway -apart from the onions - is that 1000th part of a nag you own beginning to show promise

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast