+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 50 years ago today.........

50 years ago today.........

TC arrived at BDBL.

All hail the Lord

TC the greatest I have ever seen in a red and white United shirt

Thanks Ronnie tha's just made me feel very old

Quote Originally Posted by biri View Post
    Thanks Ronnie tha's just made me feel very old
    What a player TC was, my favourite Blades player ever. I wish we could find one like him today.

UTB

And he’s still here. Non better in my time of being a Blade.

Name:  TC.jpg
Views: 304
Size:  31.7 KB

Here is what you young people missed out on,this is a Genius

Just a quick line to tell TC how much I loved watching him and his playing mates for the years he played for us.

United, please present him to the crowd at the next home game and let him blow us all a kiss and play the songs one more time. Magic!

Quote Originally Posted by Chips1889 View Post
    Just a quick line to tell TC how much I loved watching him and his playing mates for the years he played for us.

United, please present him to the crowd at the next home game and let him blow us all a kiss and play the songs one more time. Magic!
    Ahhh the songs, Ilkley moor Ba Tat, Rose Garden, You can do magic, Put another nickel in ?!.

Great Days, Kisses to the crowd, Kissing Alan Birchenall,

TC but bums on seats and legs on the terraces, back before the tickets only situation people waited for the team sheet almost because if Currie didn't play then some didn't go, simple as that.

Not just a great player, a showman, a Maverick, and off the field he had class and there was an awe about him which cant be explained.

Quote Originally Posted by Currieisgod View Post
    Ahhh the songs, Ilkley moor Ba Tat, Rose Garden, You can do magic, Put another nickel in ?!.

Great Days, Kisses to the crowd, Kissing Alan Birchenall,

TC but bums on seats and legs on the terraces, back before the tickets only situation people waited for the team sheet almost because if Currie didn't play then some didn't go, simple as that.

Not just a great player, a showman, a Maverick, and off the field he had class and there was an awe about him which cant be explained.

TC never disappointed. I had the good fortune to watch him home and as often as possible away from 1970 to his departure as a 10 year old. He and Woody were my idols. My bedroom wall were adorned with their pictures culled from newspapers,Shoot magazine ,The Park Drive Book of Football, Kenneth Wolstenhomes Annuals,The Football League Review,that great little supplement given free with match day programmes and any other sources I could find.
    I worshipped TC and my life dipped the day I learned he had been sold. I was stood on the John St Terrace watching the reserves when the news broke.

David Brooks. Step up son. You can be the legend for this generation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast