+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Score and scorers vs. Wealdstone 13.03.21 [NL]

Score and scorers vs. Wealdstone 13.03.21 [NL]

Wealdstone 1 - 4 Notts

Wootton, Boldewijn, Sam

No virtual attendance as we never find out the total anyway.

Wealdstone to take the lead and Notts to (finally) react angrily and tear them a new one in a delightful display of free-flowing attacking prowess. Then I wake up with drool down my shirt and we're actually 3-0 down with 2 minutes of added time left and Charlie Slater has switched to that dismal, resigned-to-defeat voice he uses in these moments.

Them 0 us 1
    Another scrappy display but edge it with a penalty midway through the 2nd half.

The Stones 1 Notts 0

Jagger

Wealdstone 0
    County 1

Sam

The team's lost, but he hasn't quite lost the team...next home game will be the harder one

Obviously I'm not aware of the atmosphere in the dressing-room but it strikes me there may be an air of complacency among certain players - drop em! No, not that! Drop the ones whose effort is lacking - er... effort... You can't keep faith in a situation that has become the pits.

You could try starting a striker who hit two goals a week ago, one of them a worldie, but was then dropped to the bench and left there while a cumbersome lad got his pick, Marmite may have had his reason why he did this and he might have said what it was - I can't be bothered to listen to his after-match excuses any more - but again his shuffle didn't work.

The defenders seem to have lost confidence in the midfield but I'd keep them together and swap his underperforming middle lot for Enzio and Rueben and Roberts if he's fit, Wolfie if he's not.

Wooton has to start, along with Sam and Knowles.

There you are, sorted, job's a good'un.

Wealdstone 2 v 0 Notts

Really can't see us getting a point nevermind all 3. We're just not scoring the goals we need to win games.

I'll also go for Wealdstone 0-1 Notts (Wootton)

They fail to take their chances, we score either a lucky goal or a stunning 30-yarder, and the cracks are papered over for a bit longer.

By the way, I'd still pick Effiong as a sub along with Doyle, Reeves and Knight, if he's fit. I'll let the tea lady or that gel in the souvenir shop pick the others.

I'm gonna go for a 'park the bus' 0-0. 10 notts players behind the ball with Wooters stranded in no mans land.

HArdley sez 'respect the point', but as usual completely misses the point.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Them 0 us 1
    Another scrappy display but edge it with a penalty midway through the 2nd half.
    I hope your scoreline prediction is accurate, but I’m not sure I have much confidence in us scoring a penalty. I seem to recall Knowles scoring one at Havant, but we keep missing them in the league.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast