+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Uk 2020

Uk 2020

"The power of social media lies not only with the tweeter, as one trainer found when photographs posted online by his business were used against him in disciplinary proceedings. Phil Kirby has been fined by the British Horseracing Authority for failing to ensure his staff wear body protectors when riding his racehorses, a problem that came to light only because a member of the public noticed it while looking at the social media output of Kirby’s stable.

“Several posts on his social media ... showed six of his staff not wearing safety vests whilst riding horses that are in his care and control,” said a BHA statement on Monday. “The pictures that had been posted between May and July 2020 also indicated that the staff had not been wearing safety vests for several months.”

UK 2020, East Germany, Soviet Russia, what's the difference, snitch on your neighbours if they go out while under lockdown, ring the filth if your neighbours have a barbecue, pore over social media to check if kids riding horses aren't wearing body protectors. Jesus wept, what a ****-hole of a country this is turning into, I expect the member of the public turned Twitter detective will already have his application in to be a Covid Marshal.

What else can you possibly expect sinkov, when the UK's Home Secretary is actively encouraging neighbours to dob each other in?

I have to agree sinkov. This is what you get when you have no leaders and those in charge just wish to pander to the diverse wishes of all and sundry.

How many times did you see someone who you worked with, who was not brilliant at what they did, suddenly get promoted and leave you wondering how they had managed that? The next thing you know they have been promoted again and end up running the show ---or should I say ruining the show?
    Sadly, I can't see any easy way out of the situation that has been created ----life goes on, however, like football ---not the way we know it!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    What else can you possibly expect sinkov, when the UK's Home Secretary is actively encouraging neighbours to dob each other in?
    Like I said in another post BT, a lot of the general public are quite happy to go along with these authoritarian edicts emanating from our moronic politicians. Which is why I say we're turning into East Germany. It wouldn't surprise me if the price of second-hand Trabants was going through the roof.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Like I said in another post BT, a lot of the general public are quite happy to go along with these authoritarian edicts emanating from our moronic politicians. Which is why I say we're turning into East Germany. It wouldn't surprise me if the price of second-hand Trabants was going through the roof.
    I have a rusty old Lada stuck in the back of a garage, wash and wax time I think.

You have to remember as well that -------we have a wall up here ---all we need are a few lookout points and I am open for consultation after my 26 visits to Berlin during the Cold War era.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post

How many times did you see someone who you worked with, who was not brilliant at what they did, suddenly get promoted and leave you wondering how they had managed that? The next thing you know they have been promoted again and end up running the show ---or should I say ruining the show?
    I could give you the name Sub, but obviously I won't, of one FB officer who was found to be fiddling his travelling expenses while working at Training Centre. Next news he's promoted a rank and found a desk job at Brigade Headquarters. One way of resolving the problem.

I could give you the name Sub, but obviously I won't, of one FB officer who was found to be fiddling his travelling expenses while working at Training Centre. Next news he's promoted a rank and found a desk job at Brigade Headquarters. One way of resolving the problem.
    My son works for LAS and has seen this happen so many times and they are in a sad state with the head of the lot of them having no medical experience.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)