+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 15th Aug 1969

15th Aug 1969

Ist day of Woodstock, makes you feel old.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_gg6JNLtXI

Some great music but what a pretentious load of old b o l l o x.

Love and peace my f e c k I n a r s e......that worked out well didn’t it!?

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Some great music but what a pretentious load of old b o l l o x.

Love and peace my f e c k I n a r s e......that worked out well didn’t it!?
    A lot made their name at Woodstock, Joe Cocker and Santana to name a couple.
    It was the summer holidays, before I starting my 5th year at school a lot of my mates left school at 15. Mom and Dad wanted me to do my O levels.

Just a few months later, December 6th 1969, there was the free concert at the Altamont speedway in California; that brought a sudden end to the ideals of Peace and Love!

Peace and Love will never die......

I was going on 17 and was so envious of that crowd and would have loved to have been there. Some of my then favourite acts were on: Ten years After, Jimi H of course but mainly because of The Jefferson Airplane and Country Joe and The Fish, not forgetting CSN (and Young) who would not allow himself to be filmed for the movie. Saw the movie as soon as it came on release and for me Joe Cocker's With a Little Help From My Friends stole the show and I still watch that performance on Youtube and never fail to be amazed by it. Now if you gave me the chance to go I would say: ''Go F*ck Yourself. All them sweaty bodies and stinking toilets and mud.

Quote Originally Posted by Joy_Division View Post
    I was going on 17 and was so envious of that crowd and would have loved to have been there. Some of my then favourite acts were on: Ten years After, Jimi H of course but mainly because of The Jefferson Airplane and Country Joe and The Fish, not forgetting CSN (and Young) who would not allow himself to be filmed for the movie. Saw the movie as soon as it came on release and for me Joe Cocker's With a Little Help From My Friends stole the show and I still watch that performance on Youtube and never fail to be amazed by it. Now if you gave me the chance to go I would say: ''Go F*ck Yourself. All them sweaty bodies and stinking toilets and mud.
    I loved the Airplane at that time but they were truly awful (maybe because their set was so delayed), They then played at Altamont (mentioned above) & their lead singer was knocked unconscious by Hells Angels (who were being employed as security!) Peace & love ho hum

I was only concerned with the happenings two months earlier in that year.
    Never heard much about this until later in life.

An interesting band, were Jefferson Airplane, their singer, Grace Slick, knew a bit about ‘peace and love’…………..

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    An interesting band, were Jefferson Airplane, their singer, Grace Slick, knew a bit about ‘peace and love’…………..
    You probably still would......most of us wouldn’t 😏

https://images.app.goo.gl/g9aX2wUvJXTMpUut8

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)