+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Rail Strike, Labour & Starmer.

The Rail Strike, Labour & Starmer.

Can someone give me a clue what his position and the party’s position is please?

Thanks in advance.

Government in waiting! Boris and co’s cards are marked!

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Can someone give me a clue what his position and the party’s position is please?

Thanks in advance.
    No.

You're very welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugmitch View Post
    It's going to take an entirely new level of ineptitude for the Labour Party to fk this one up. Oh ..........

Quote Originally Posted by Pugmitch View Post
    More like Waiting for Godot!

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    No.

You're very welcome.
    🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Thanks in advance.
    No idea. Nor has he!

Thanks in advance.
    Why does it matter? Whether he supported them or not, nothing would have been any different.

Tories have been in power for 12 years and have an 80 seat majority. They don't care about these strikes, because its in their interest it goes ahead so they can do their usual and create division and blame everyone else.

The Daily Mail's front page headline yesterday saying Labour isn't working, when the Govt haven't lifted a finger to try and negotiate or prevent it. Not one meeting in the last week between RMT and the Government to try and resolve this strike.

But yeah... Starmer's fault.

Millions will read and believe it. As I've said many times - people aren't too bright in this country.

David Blunkett has called this right and urged the RMT not to strike as to do so at this time will both lose them support in the court of public opinion and play right into the hands of the Tory Party. He said their unwillingness to take a more considered and reasonable view would lead them to walk into an "elephant trap" that would only further set back the cause of unions in general.

Starmer needs to stand up here and be prepared to p iss off the more radical left wing in order to better protect the interests of more moderate unions and Party members in order to fight for better equalities in this country at a time when they are most needed. Sitting on the fence on this will not cut it. Has he the will though? Sadly doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    Why does it matter? Whether he supported them or not, nothing would have been any different.

Tories have been in power for 12 years and have an 80 seat majority. They don't care about these strikes, because its in their interest it goes ahead so they can do their usual and create division and blame everyone else.

The Daily Mail's front page headline yesterday saying Labour isn't working, when the Govt haven't lifted a finger to try and negotiate or prevent it. Not one meeting in the last week between RMT and the Government to try and resolve this strike.

But yeah... Starmer's fault.

Millions will read and believe it. As I've said many times - people aren't too bright in this country.
    As usual you’re hiding from the question.

What is Labour and Starmer’s position on this?

I’ve watched various news outlets and I haven’t a clue!?

Is he willing to give the unions the rise they want ( if he were in power ) and does he agree with the strikes?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)