+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Do you trust Google?

O/T Do you trust Google?

Do you trust Google
    Last edited by CAMiller; 09-07-2020 at 01:50 PM. Reason: O/T and dangling title

Google is your friend

Or should that be fiend?

Yes, but I understand how the algorithms base results on your web history. I suspect that you don't. I have been a web developer for 24 years and it is ***** that I understand why and how Google will show different results on my computer to yours, unless of course I delete my complete browsing history and use a VPN.

You could of course simply use https://duckduckgo.com/ and you would see exactly the same results as I do. But then there'd be no faux conspiracy theory for you to attempt to "stimulate debate" about.

The missing word is v i t a l

You can only trust yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Geetarman View Post
    Yes, but I understand how the algorithms base results on your web history. I suspect that you don't. I have been a web developer for 24 years and it is ***** that I understand why and how Google will show different results on my computer to yours, unless of course I delete my complete browsing history and use a VPN.

You could of course simply use https://duckduckgo.com/ and you would see exactly the same results as I do. But then there'd be no faux conspiracy theory for you to attempt to "stimulate debate" about.

I was thinking more about tax.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    I was thinking more about tax.
    If you was thinking that why didn't you put it in your opening post instead of as usual just dangling a question out there without context or comment?

duckduckgo uses Google's algorithms so you will get the same results.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    If you was thinking that why didn't you put it in your opening post instead of as usual just dangling a question out there without context or comment?
    I want to know if people trust them. I don't. I have my reasons. People may have a different view.

If people don't want to comment. Fair enough.

Is there a lockdown on here as well Cam?

Very heavy handed.

I tried duckduckgo on my phone. I stopped because I couldn't get on with it

Maybe I'll have another go when I get a new computer and have time

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    I want to know if people trust them. I don't. I have my reasons. People may have a different view.

If people don't want to comment. Fair enough.

Is there a lockdown on here as well Cam?

Very heavy handed.
    So you dont trust them to pay their taxes.
    What are your reasons for thinking that?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast