+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: January window.

January window.

Top of my shopping list has to be a right back as we have been crying out all season for someone to fill that position. Kidd, in my mind, is not a natural defender but much better used as a right half exploiting his pace when running through onto balls and delivering decent crosses into the middle. Not sure what has happened to Rutherford who was bought with the right back position in mind but this has been our main weakness all season and just has to be addressed. I would also like to stiffen up the middle of the park and in addition hopefully we can sign up Hutton on an extended deal. Goodbye to Heffernan as he does not look up to speed for a forward despite his obvious experience at the higher levels. A forward as always strengthens the squad especially if Hilson can return fighting fit.
    Mon the South and a playoff position is not beyond them this season as there is very little to choose between the mid table sides. Maintain the belief and get fully behind the team. Onwards and upw

re: January window.

good point m8 id agree on your points the manager should look no further than our near neighbours annan and stranraer for a couple of signing targets firstly smart osadollar would be a great signing for the club if we can get him but another lad i rate highly is steven swinglehurst both would do jobs for queens from stranraer paul cairney would strenthen the midfeild always played well against us when at partick lets see what january brings happy new year to everyone

Spike , I am sure the Rutherford boy is a left back so would not solve right back problem. Someone can prove me wrong if so.

Hooper can play at right back, no point in wasting wages chasing 4th place for two play off games.

Quote Originally Posted by Supablue
    Hooper can play at right back, no point in wasting wages chasing 4th place for two play off games.
    Very true Supablue but was Fowler not talking about sending Hooper out on loan so that he can get some games under his belt? That was in the Standard on Boxing day.

Quote Originally Posted by WULLIEQOS
    good point m8 id agree on your points the manager should look no further than our near neighbours annan and stranraer for a couple of signing targets firstly smart osadollar would be a great signing for the club if we can get him but another lad i rate highly is steven swinglehurst both would do jobs for queens from stranraer paul cairney would strenthen the midfeild always played well against us when at partick lets see what january brings happy new year to everyone

The last thing we want to be doing in the transfer window is yet more risks on would be hopefulls from lower divisions!!

Send the loanee striker back. This free´s up a wage for a right back straight away!

to be honest i think thats exactly what we need players who will be hungry for success no disrespect but messers heffernan and oliver havent lit up the masses id try to come to a deal with hutton however i feel a player of his experience should be controlling the midfield more you only need look at other teams and the business they are doing from the lower leagues i honestly believe annan have unearthed a gem in osadollar and hed be a great signing for queens but hey we all entitled to opinion thats what this page is all about

It is if they can do the job but far too many times this season the young players have looked out of their depth and the last thing we need now is more of the same. Everyone was having a go at John Baird for example, a classic journyman but look what he´s been doing at Falkirk. Its all about getting the right combination of players working as a team.

getting the players to play for the manager is a start the jurys still out on fowler for me

If the BOD have any concerns about Fowler then he should go sooner rather than later so we can start rebuilding now. Bringing in players just to reach the playoffs is futile in my view and we should be planning for next season and I think we need a new guy at the helm.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)