+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Scoring goals

Scoring goals

28 goals this season so far - in 29 matches.

Not enough to stay up, one would think.

The fact is, although our squad generally is poor in terms of quality and depth, with the proper tactical setup, we could have been set up to score (a lot) more goals than we have done.

If Rafa had been our manager this season, I think we would be sitting at around 11th or 12th in the league right now.

All hypothetical of course, and Bruce is a nice guy.

Hopefully Calum Wilson will chip in with a few more before the end of the season

You can’t score goals when your strikers are on the bench. He plays centre forwards on the wing and wingers as centre forwards

We're all moaning on about how bad it is at our Club.

The players will be thinking, I'm outta here if we go down. New contracts elsewhere. You go wherever the money is. Newcastle, relegated, who.

Bruce and his bunch, gan on, I dare you to sack us.

Can't say much more than this from the Mag, spot on.

https://www.themag.co.uk/2021/03/thi...letely-flawed/

Funnily enough, Brighton's main problem this season has been finishing the many chances they make.

They've put 6 past us.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanleymag View Post
    We're all moaning on about how bad it is at our Club.

The players will be thinking, I'm outta here if we go down. New contracts elsewhere. You go wherever the money is. Newcastle, relegated, who.

Bruce and his bunch, gan on, I dare you to sack us.
    Hell be gutted if he doesn’t get sacked man,he must be dreading fans being back in the ground! If he had any honour he would resign, Christ he can’t need the money!

Quote Originally Posted by tinostongue View Post
    Hell be gutted if he doesn’t get sacked man,he must be dreading fans being back in the ground! If he had any honour he would resign, Christ he can’t need the money!
    Are kebabs expensive in Newcastle? If so, he may very well need all the money he can get!

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    Are kebabs expensive in Newcastle? If so, he may very well need all the money he can get!
    They are even more expensive in Cheshire though,and thats where he will be living I suspect,not in his beloved newcastle!FRAUD

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)