+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T:- England Squad Euro 2024

O/T:- England Squad Euro 2024

Gareth Southgate is due to name his England squad for the Euro’s next week. Be interesting to see what the board thinks of who might make it? I’d go with;

Pickford, Pope and Trafford.

Jordan Pickford is the clear number one and your third choice never plays; think Trafford has a bright future so makes sense to get him around it all.

Walker, Trippier, TAA, Lewis, Shaw, Chilwell, Stones, Maguire, Branthwaite and Gomez.

Luke Shaw is a genuine gamble fitness wise but with a 26 man squad, you can afford a couple of these. I don’t overly rate Chilwell but there’s plenty of scope for LB with Trippier, Gomez and Rico Lewis. If there wasn’t such an odd rift, Ben White would be a no brainier.

Rice, Mainoo, Bellingham, Gallagher, Eze, Foden, Saka, Gordon, Palmer and Grealish.

Central midfield is my biggest worry for the Euro’s. Declan Rice is obviously outstanding and will play as the 6; but how do you format the rest of the central midfield? There’s probably two popular schools of thought; play one in with Rice and have Bellingham in the 10 or play Rice and Bellingham with Foden in the 10. Pro’s and con’s to both. Personally, I’d have Bellingham slightly more withdrawn and have Foden in the 10. I think a slightly more withdrawn Bellingham (outrageously aware tactically) is a better option than every other CM likely to go; hence why I’d take TAA and Lewis who can both play there. Eberechi Eze is a proper wildcard pick.

Kane, Watkins and Toney.

If he’s fit, it’ll just be a case of enjoy the journey for Watkins and Toney.

For the 11, I’d go for;

Pickford
    Walker, Stones, Maguire, Shaw
    Rice, Bellingham
    Saka, Foden, Gordon
    Kane

Quote Originally Posted by LeftPeg_Pie View Post
    Gareth Southgate is due to name his England squad for the Euro’s next week. Be interesting to see what the board thinks of who might make it? I’d go with;

Pickford, Pope and Trafford.

Jordan Pickford is the clear number one and your third choice never plays; think Trafford has a bright future so makes sense to get him around it all.

Walker, Trippier, TAA, Lewis, Shaw, Chilwell, Stones, Maguire, Branthwaite and Gomez.

Luke Shaw is a genuine gamble fitness wise but with a 26 man squad, you can afford a couple of these. I don’t overly rate Chilwell but there’s plenty of scope for LB with Trippier, Gomez and Rico Lewis. If there wasn’t such an odd rift, Ben White would be a no brainier.

Rice, Mainoo, Bellingham, Gallagher, Eze, Foden, Saka, Gordon, Palmer and Grealish.

Central midfield is my biggest worry for the Euro’s. Declan Rice is obviously outstanding and will play as the 6; but how do you format the rest of the central midfield? There’s probably two popular schools of thought; play one in with Rice and have Bellingham in the 10 or play Rice and Bellingham with Foden in the 10. Pro’s and con’s to both. Personally, I’d have Bellingham slightly more withdrawn and have Foden in the 10. I think a slightly more withdrawn Bellingham (outrageously aware tactically) is a better option than every other CM likely to go; hence why I’d take TAA and Lewis who can both play there. Eberechi Eze is a proper wildcard pick.

Kane, Watkins and Toney.

If he’s fit, it’ll just be a case of enjoy the journey for Watkins and Toney.

For the 11, I’d go for;

Pickford
    Walker, Stones, Maguire, Shaw
    Rice, Bellingham
    Saka, Foden, Gordon
    Kane
    Chilwell for Shaw - LB comfortably our worst position

Think you have to make room in the 11 for Cole Palmer

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Chilwell for Shaw - LB comfortably our worst position

Think you have to make room in the 11 for Cole Palmer
    Agreed, well ahead of Gordon.