+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Chelsea - v - Leeds United ***Matchday Thread***

Really dont like to see us losing, but we being competitive, and we clearly have what it takes to win a few more games.

Hopefully playing these top teams, even when losing is giving our lads great experience. I believe we are currently at the level of a mid table team in this league and that all we need to be at the moment.

Enjoy what we have 😁

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    Racist Pr--k been on year for ten years get your facts checked. Been following Leeds since 72 and remember when Wilko won the premiership only to f it up by getting rid of Cantona and getting the boot 2 years later. Also, know this dude isn't going to win us anything simply cause his beautiful game style doesn't work in this league.
    Keep blasting away as it shows what sort of a person you really are your words say it all.

we won the league in 92 he was sacked in 96. Man City play beautiful football evolved from Bielsa’s theories so go figure on that one too as their record ain’t half bad.

as for blasting away when threads tend to descend sadly you seem to be one of the triggers - again go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by asturianblanco View Post
    Usual comedy matchday thread then lads? win one, we are gonna win the league, lose one we are going down and half of us are not real fans. Doesnt anyone realise Chelsea are way better than us? Top of the league with individuals who cost more than our entire team ffs.
    Picking up points, playing good stuff, had a bit of an off day yesterday, no biggie, on to the next one.....
    Llorente looked like the class act i know him to be. So theres that.
    Agree on Llorente and you have always said he would be good. Challenge this season is staying up and starting to improve the quality and depth of the squad.

Cooper, Dallas, Alioski, Roberts and Harrison have all been good for us on the Bielsa journey at various times but when you compare to players in Liverpool, Citeh, Chelsea, Leicester and Wolves squads they don’t really have players who for all their strengths also have obvious weaknesses.

I have never been fully convinced by Bamford but this season I have been impressed with him and he keeps adding to his game but not sure he will ever be in the Vardy, Salah, Giroud, Jesus etc bracket. If we want to step up to the top 6 those are the hard decisions that need to be taken whilst not killing moral.

yesterday we were not 100% across the park for the whole game and we need to be fully firing to beat the top teams and hope they don’t convert all their chances. Still some bright spots yesterday but if you look at the prediction league not sure many expected (as opposed to hoped) we would win. We still had 54% possession against a very very good team.

lampard normally grates in his interviews but he was actually quite gracious and mature post match.

inknow Bielsa often speaks about verticality and getting the ball forward fast - Phillips yesterday often gave it to the keeper and lost us 30 yards and put us under pressure - wonder if MB will pick that up in training. I said in another post how impressive Kante was especially with the ball and really drove them second half. That is where Phillips should be looking to evolve to. On form KP is great but he needs to work on the days where it is a bit meh and instead become consistently good/excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    First season up in 16 years and I for one am proud of the lads - gave them a game despite the difference in spending on players.

We are still the best team to watch in the league or should I say the most entertaining matches ALWAYS involve us - and I'm proud to be Leeds - having been born here, and happy with what I am seeing - my memory allows me to eremeber the priority this year is staying up - and for me - entertaining the fans at the same time - not something you can say about most newly promoted sides.

LEEDS LEEDS LEEDS!
    Best post in a long time on here, I look in more than contribute these days, Not sure what people expect of us this year but as you say we are entertaining, we will lose probably more than we will win but we will be ok, if a couple of players are having an off day then we will lose whoever we play, I am another VERY proud to be Leeds at the minute...

HOP,

great post. spot on.

was at the local pub watching this match (the usual 40 to 1 fan ratio) and it's really the first time I thought we were outhustled and played. It's really strange to not see us contesting every ball and pressing the entire game. They has some uncontested mid field balls which is really unusual for us.

Not sure if they were just better than us and we held back or if we were just tired and beaten. I have to grudgingly give credit to lampard. They were prepared and ready for us. Also thought him playing Giroud over Abraham was very sharp. Subbing was effective.

can't agree with some on here that we were that outclassed. They just played very well while we had an off game. Sure wish we had hit them eariler in the season without fans. They didn't have but 2000 but they were loud and obnoxious the entire game.

agree with all that Spaldy, some on here, getting excited with all the doom and gloom pass over the essential point to take away from yesterday, and thats that we came up against a quality expensively assembled side who played very well on the day, sometimes its simply a case of "credit where its due"

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    Racist Pr--k been on year for ten years get your facts checked. Been following Leeds since 72 and remember when Wilko won the premiership only to f it up by getting rid of Cantona and getting the boot 2 years later. Also, know this dude isn't going to win us anything simply cause his beautiful game style doesn't work in this league.
    Keep blasting away as it shows what sort of a person you really are your words say it all.
    Take exception to being labelled as a racist you ****, never have been - the fact your an Ozzie/Greek has nothing to do with my remarks - the fact that you are a **** stirring **** has EVERYTHING to do with my posts.

In future I will simply ignore your childish infantile posts, okay?

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post
    Your gender quote jibe noted.

North Wales ?
    Side before Self ?

What next - the classic 'Bullet to my Head' forum comment.

MOT
    I'm still smelling your bull**** Mrs O
    I see your on here giving some
    Have you run to the Mods yet like a grass

Sorry Mrs O once a grass always a grass
    Couple on here have sussed you
    Others will follow

Love your bull****

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    Take exception to being labelled as a racist you ****, never have been - the fact your an Ozzie/Greek has nothing to do with my remarks - the fact that you are a **** stirring **** has EVERYTHING to do with my posts.

In future I will simply ignore your childish infantile posts, okay?
    Much appreciated now have a nice day. Now where that other P. ohh found him.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    we won the league in 92 he was sacked in 96. Man City play beautiful football evolved from Bielsa’s theories so go figure on that one too as their record ain’t half bad.

as for blasting away when threads tend to descend sadly you seem to be one of the triggers - again go figure.
    Blighty I was asleep and thought I heard a wolf howling.92won it 93 he doesn't like Cantona and offloads him to united and scars the team for rids to come in and we know what we did and here we are back in the big time with not the best and not the worst squad in the land. As for me triggering well who knows but I seem to recall 1 or 2 don't like a particular poster or post and start with obscenities. 3 minutes in they nearly score twice and all I said was Poor start and ohhh it hit a nerve as Mr negativity started early lol.
    For the record are we going to get relegated and have said NO but we are just a squad of battlers like people have said will lose more than well win those are the facts? and if that case is waranted to be labelled a neg head amongst other things so be it.

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)