+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: End of year thoughts

I think that's a very unfair way to describe MOP and you should withdraw the comment.

Whilst you may disagree with his Brexit stance, as indeed do I to a (much) lesser extent, everyone is entitled to an opinion: especially when it is in fact a majority opinion (of those who expressed one) and yours is but a dissenting minority voice in the wilderness

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    I think that's a very unfair way to describe MOP and you should withdraw the comment.

Whilst you may disagree with his Brexit stance, as indeed do I to a (much) lesser extent, everyone is entitled to an opinion: especially when it is in fact a majority opinion (of those who expressed one) and yours is but a dissenting minority voice in the wilderness
    It is not his Brexit stance that i disagree with, but the sheer ludicrous suggestion that a) Farage would make a good PM and b) that he deserves a Knighthood.

To resect such opinions is rather akin to accepting that those dumb ass Trump supporters who turned up at the US Capitol last night - thats not an opinion its pure sheep following an obvious ****.

Now everyone is free to express an opinion or a view, if that opinion or view is clearly ludicrous and lacking any basis in fact, then a sharp response is IMO the only one required. If you don't want to be mocked for having such views then don't state them.

You must love being mocked, perhaps it's the only affection you get these days.

There's mocking and personal abuse (I'm sure the filtered out word was not a kindly one). I maintain my stance that you should withdraw the comment or apologise for the use of it. Mock by all means, abuse no.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    There's mocking and personal abuse (I'm sure the filtered out word was not a kindly one). I maintain my stance that you should withdraw the comment or apologise for the use of it. Mock by all means, abuse no.
    I’ve had no complaint from MOP and sometimes exposure of a poster’s behaviour towards fellow forum members for the forum to assess is sanction enough. It’s supreme irony that of all here, Swale is closest to Trump in his operating method

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I’ve had no complaint from MOP and sometimes exposure of a poster’s behaviour towards fellow forum members for the forum to assess is sanction enough. It’s supreme irony that of all here, Swale is closest to Trump in his operating method
    I'd complain as even at his worst Trump has more integrity, coherence and credibility than faildale. The amount of people that don't post on here, and use other groups of various kinds together, because of one insignificant individual. Look at how other forums still flourish. Trump is a great example of what has happened here 🤔

I’d say the ‘supreme irony’ is the return of Rats (if that’s actually who it is) of all people, to criticise Swale.
    I know the latter is often out of order and have said so often enough, but, although I can’t remember a personal run in with him myself, didn’t Rats have a reputation for being the biggest ‘bully’ on the forum?
    Fine line between ‘mocking’ and ‘abuse’ imo, GP. Isn’t mocking usually just a more rarefied form of abuse?
    My own rule is...don’t post anything on here you wouldn’t be prepared to say to the recipient’s face.

P.S. Which other forums are flourishing, Rats? This is one of the busiest isn’t it?
    Last edited by ramAnag; 11-01-2021 at 09:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I’d say the ‘supreme irony’ is the return of Rats (if that’s actually who it is) of all people, to criticise Swale.
    I know the latter is often out of order and have said so often enough, but, although I can’t remember a personal run in with him myself, didn’t Rats have a reputation for being the biggest ‘bully’ on the forum?
    Fine line between ‘mocking’ and ‘abuse’ imo, GP. Isn’t mocking usually just a more rarefied form of abuse?
    My own rule is...don’t post anything on here you wouldn’t be prepared to say to the recipient’s face.

P.S. Which other forums are flourishing, Rats? This is one of the busiest isn’t it?
    Just to clear up the Rattea thing, I have access to users’ IP address info etc so would be aware of most methods of user account hijacking - yes such info is offered by us all as part of the ts and cs and I think I’ve referred to it three times only while a mod.

Just to clear up the Rattea thing, I have access to users’ IP address info etc so would be aware of most methods of user account hijacking - yes such info is offered by us all as part of the ts and cs and I think I’ve referred to it three times only while a mod.
    Not sure how that’s cleared anything up tbh, Andy. Is it Rats? If it is his spelling has certainly improved...and if it is...welcome back Rats but please don’t come the ‘holier than thou’ because, as I remember it, you drove away more than anyone else.

Was Rats ever Rats though, that's a more philosophical question. Are any of us what we seem, even in the solemnity of our own toilet. And anyway, does it matter if its a real or fake rat, it's a rat. Or a duck, one or the other.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)