+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 65 of 66 FirstFirst ... 155563646566 LastLast

Thread: O/T. To misquote Henry II...

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    RS, I think everyone knows there are many benefits from being in a Euro trading zone.
    What a lot of folks cannot stomach, is the fact that it comes with political ties/laws/regulations that remove ultimate control from your own government.

My parents always told me, it was what they voted for in 72. No one ever mentioned an immovable unelected commission and a drive for ever closer union.

Give me that and I'll vote for it tommorrow.

Which is where your extremes are, Even half in, comes with shackles and chains, with no say at all.
    And this demonstrates Thickys naivety and ignorance! What part of joining a club with mutual benefits means you have to agree on common rules and regulations do you not understand?

I mean obviously France, Germany etc. they don't have the ability to control what they wish and cooperate or observe joint rules where its of benefit.

There we were the UK, a member of the EU, with a veto over certain issues that we were unwilling to adopt, viz the Euro, complete free movement (aka schengen), an Eu army etc. etc. We threw that all away for what? A mythical, "freedom" that benefits nobody but the very global elites Brexiteers moan about!!

In a world where Russia, China and the USA are the significant powers, little Englanders can't accept, that the UK needs to be part of a wider union to survive, whether that be economically, militarily or politically.

I mean what fool thinks organisations, institutions, etc. change and develop and evolve? Time doesn't stand still, things change, but the Uk benefitted far more than it suffered from being in the EU.

The fact is, Brexit was driven by a set of people (who are mainly very rich) who have no interest in the well being of the general population, but wished to avoid greater scrutiny f their activities, avoid paying the tax required for a civilised society to operate (they are rich enough to pay for whatever they need) and wanted a low regulation , minimum rights society which they could exploit for their own ends.

To achieve this they exaggerated the natural xenophobic tendencies of a large proportion of the population, just as Hitler did in the 1930's.

Basically none of the promises made by those championing Brexit, were true or deliverable, the people who voted for Brexit have been conned, but most will never admit to this.

But hey if its that brilliant. please do identify at least one major benefit it has delivered to people! I mean if it was that good an idea then it can't be that hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Were you, in fact, retrospectively "only joshing" in tribute to our beloved leader rA?
    Apologies GP. Missed this observation of yours yesterday and I’m trying to avoid the ‘bitching’ which mac, very reasonably, objects to.

Not at all sure of what your point is but, to clarify...my ‘lighthearted’ comment about the Trent End was a bit of banter aimed at comparing the bias and lack of objectivity shared by football supporters and those who espouse particular political causes alike.

There seems to me to be a world of difference between that and someone, especially a moderator, repeatedly and deliberately misinterpreting and misquoting other posters before, again repeatedly, hiding behind the line, ‘I was just joshing’.

P.S. I too am still waiting for these ‘benefits of Brexit. I’ve asked politely and, as Swale suggests, ‘if it was such a good idea’ etc...how hard can it be? Strangely attention just seems to shift to the BBC.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 03-11-2022 at 10:56 AM.

Don't worry rA, I was only joshing about you only joshing

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Don't worry rA, I was only joshing about you only joshing
    Glad we’ve cleared that up.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Different Toraidhe government, same 5h1t
    Absolutely.

But don't forget the Labour governments, that embraced it even more. I remember a certain PM signing anything, because he thought he was going to be the next EU president.
    But folks don't like talking about that.

Absolutely.

But don't forget the Labour governments, that embraced it even more. I remember a certain PM signing anything, because he thought he was going to be the next EU president.
    But folks don't like talking about that.
    They don’t seem to like talking about the benefits of Brexit either.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    They don’t seem to like talking about the benefits of Brexit either.
    Arrrrrrrrh, yes the Benefits of Brexit.
    Many permutations of that. It's a pity the government has had the bollox to see the gained advantages through isn't it?
    This is what happens with a parliament full of back stabbers, determined to overturn democracy I suppose.

But to answer you, lets read what the Tories put down on paper and you tell me if they have done what they said they were doing/or going to do?
    I'll leave Labour/Libtards sabotage out of it. This is purely Tory failures.
    https://assets.publishing.service.go...-of-brexit.pdf

Many permutations of that. It's a pity the government has had the bollox to see the gained advantages through isn't it?
    This is what happens with a parliament full of back stabbers, determined to overturn democracy I suppose.

But to answer you, lets read what the Tories put down on paper and you tell me if they have done what they said they were doing/or going to do?
    Oh dear, more evidence of Thickys naivete! He produces a document written by the Tories which purports to set out the benefits of Brexit.

Prominent amongst the so called benefits is blue ****ing passports!!! Now you either have to be mega dumb or just desperate to show something has changed positively as a result of Brexit to even mention this!

Looking through the supposed benefits, there is nothing that there that didn't exist when we were in the EU, or was actually better for the UK when it was in the EU, the others are pure spin.

I mean removing EU laws mm, now let me think, weren't many of these laws put forward by the UK government? Aren't many of these laws things we would sign up to anyway and indeed would have to comply with if we wish to sell goods into the EU. its utter *******s of the highest order.

I do have to laugh when Brexit supporters trot out the line that Labour or Remainers have somehow stopped a government with a big majority from maximising the benefits of Brexit. Or somehow the backstabbers within the Tory party are responsible. Johnson could have done almost anything he wanted, but in truth neither he or his party had a clue how to achieve benefits that don't exist!

Face facts, those benefits that were promised were never ever going to happen, you know the "easiest trade deal in history" the "we hold all the cards" the "we will have the same benefits outside the EU as in it" the £350 million a week" supposedly saved, etc. etc.

But the point here is, you voted for it Thicky, so you should be able to state quite definitively how you personally have benefitted from it - not produce a list of lies published by HM Government.

I mean I can list definitively the downsides I or my family and friends personally have suffered from leaving the EU so given that it was such a spiffing idea it must be possible for you to list the personal benefits?

Funny though, for every Brexit voter I've talked, none have actually been able to!

Sorry...bit of a misunderstanding, Tricky. You are the arch Brexiteer on here. I don’t want a government publication from the now discredited former, former PM or for you to answer one question with another.
    Could YOU please tell us of a single advantage YOU’VE experienced as a result of Brexit. More than one if you like.

We seem to have strayed into Brexit on this thread when we already have a Brexit thread so I intend to close this one later

Page 65 of 66 FirstFirst ... 155563646566 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)