+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Well, Will You Be Going To The Pub?

It’s the PC (no pun intended) obsessed top brass in the police that dictate policy, most rank and file coppers are ok, decent people who try to do a good job. The coppers and ex-coppers that I have spoken to like nothing better than to take lowlifes off the street. Ok, sometimes they make mistakes, like we all do.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    I have absolutely no intention of going to a pub for the foreseeable. The amount of self entitled tw@ts going to the beaches despite crowding are an indicator of what to expect. I understand the reasoning behind reopening but equally appreciate that once drink flows rules most likely won't apply. Not interested for a while at least. Have a brain and stay away.
    Certainly not the town centre pubs but as I already posted, my small village pub should be fine; I hope!

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    It’s becoming nonsense now.

My wife was treated as if nuclear active on a visit to our dentist today.

At the same time 20,000 were cheek by jowl on Bournemouth beach.

I’ve given up on social distancing pretty much and have started to live my life.

If you’re a white person with your family on a beach the police are hunting you down like a dog.

If you’re at a protest march with 20,000 others you won’t see a copper for live nor money.

What are the rules?

Does anyone give a f u c k anymore?

If you’re health is fragile then take care but if not........

FFS.......let’s get on with life.
    So is it ok for your mom to go and see her best mate now?

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    It’s the PC (no pun intended) obsessed top brass in the police that dictate policy, most rank and file coppers are ok, decent people who try to do a good job. The coppers and ex-coppers that I have spoken to like nothing better than to take lowlifes off the street. Ok, sometimes they make mistakes, like we all do.
    Posting as someone who has been fitted up by the police and been on the receiving end of falsified statements I will testify that I am not their greatest fan. That said some of the absolute b@ll@cks they've faced of late is nothing short of disgusting. Poor guidance from government and pish poor directives from senior police officers has exacerbated an already volatile situation. There's no excuse for being an inconsiderate sh it stynk though. I shake my head at some of the w@nkers which pass for human beings in our society. In many cases they are feral toss offs in need of sterilisation and generally putting out of their social misery with an abattoir stun gun and a sledgehammer. Society's dogshine.

So is it ok for your mom to go and see her best mate now?
    Mum’s best friend’s husband of 89 and daughter of 50 are in the middle of serious battles with cancer so what do you think 68?

I’m talking about living life sensibly.......not cramming into six square inches of space on Bournemouth beach FFS.

I can’t see why you felt the need to post that!?

I’m not advocating moronic behaviour.

I won’t attend an Albion match until there’s a vaccine in my present mindset but I’ll probably watch Stourbridge where I can easily find a quiet corner.

Like I said in my post,if health dictates like it does for Al then of course you take all the precautions you feel you need to.

Going to the pub, no.

That said if I only go to pubs that do half decent food when out on walks, probably 2 or 3 times a year and always when friends suggest it as something that isn’t on my list of things I like doing.

Never been a fan and to be honest have never seen the attraction but each to their own. Good job we are all different.

I have absolutely no intention of going to a pub for the foreseeable. The amount of self entitled tw@ts going to the beaches despite crowding are an indicator of what to expect. I understand the reasoning behind reopening but equally appreciate that once drink flows rules most likely won't apply. Not interested for a while at least. Have a brain and stay away.
    Agree 100%. I just don’t see the point. It’ll be a throwback to what it was like entering night clubs a few years back, bouncer on the door, check the colour of your shoes, are you wearing a tie blah blah. Can’t be ars*ed with all the rules and as you say, people will be going out to get pissed and rules will be forgotten

I reckon this second Covid spike is going to be huge given all the mindless idiots in society like in Brixton and Bournemouth

Pubs opening on Saturday. Won't be going Saturday or Sunday.
    On Monday night will probably try a pint at my local social club where I know the small amount of clientele. Will try any quiet pubs after feedback on how they're operating. In other words, slowly, step by step.

I've been going to the pub on a Thursday with my mates for 40+ years and with my wife to meet up with other couples every Friday evening since the kids were old enough to be left alone.

The first weeks of lockdown I thought I was missing it terribly. Then we were allowed to meet up outside if we distanced and it has dawned on me it's actually the friends I missed much more than the pub.

But we have a great local and if the likes of us don't use it then we will lose it. Also the landlord is a good bloke.

We have said as soon as we can we will go back and give it a try. Hope it works for us.

I miss more my Saturday night meal out.

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    I have to say that your post is ridiculous. If you are being attacked by an individual or a mob, who is going to come to your aid and maybe risk their own safety on your behalf? Oh yes, that would be the police, who you don’t give a s**t about. Disgraceful.
    I assume that you live in Kettering ? lucky you...if you lived in my area,in West Brom,I think that you would see things differently....they don't come to your aid..they give you a crime number

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)