+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 94 of 125 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast

Thread: Lalas

Oh dear, a 4th season in League 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post

Oh dear, a 4th season in League 1.
    Or as I like to put it Division 3.

Nightshift tonight.... gonna enjoy this one!

I'm still laughing

****True facts****

1. In the 1400s a law was set forth in England that a man was allowed to beat his wife with a stick no thicker than his thumb.

Hence we have 'the rule of thumb.'

2. Many years ago in Scotland , a new game was invented. It was ruled 'Gentlemen Only...

Ladies Forbidden'... and thus the word GOLF entered into the English language.

3. Each king in a deck of playing cards represents a great king from history:

Spades - King David,

Hearts - Charlemagne,

Clubs -Alexander the Great,

Diamonds - Julius Caesar

4. In Shakespeare's time, mattresses were secured on bed frames by ropes. When you pulled on the ropes the mattress tightened, making the bed firmer to sleep on. Hence the phrase......... 'goodnight, sleep tight.'

5. It was the accepted practice in Babylon 4,000 years ago that for a month after the wedding, the bride's father would supply his son-in-law with all the mead he could drink.

Mead is a honey beer and because their calendar was lunar based, this period was called the honey month, which we know today as the honeymoon.

6. Since 2017, Sunderland fans have said they are going to win the league at the start of every football season, hence the phrase ‘deluded ****’.

@woppytoon

And aye, saw that, Jammy. Superb response to smb trolling from ASM.

😆😆Both very good!!

I couldn't believe this one.

Answer on R.T.G. early this morning on a thread about managers sacked too early.

"In my time supporting Sunderland I would have said Martin O'Neill or Steve Bruce. Both were proven, experienced, big name managers with a very good CV."

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    I couldn't believe this one.

Answer on R.T.G. early this morning on a thread about managers sacked too early.

"In my time supporting Sunderland I would have said Martin O'Neill or Steve Bruce. Both were proven, experienced, big name managers with a very good CV."
    Goodness me. If the same minds are running Sunlun then it’s no surprise they’re in the 3rd division for a 4th consecutive season (one more and it’ll be the ‘5 in a row’ that they keep harping on about).

Page 94 of 125 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)