+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pulling together

Pulling together

Decent draw away to ICT and with Dunfermline as well as Morton winning this mini league of death looks as though it will go to the wire. Now then is the time that we all get behind Queens at this time of adversity and support them to the hilt in this struggle to maintain our Championship status rather than criticising at ever opportunity deserved or otherwise. Mon the South 👏

It’s a struggle Spike. One win from the last 13 league games and only 4 all season. We’re in deep sh!t

Quote Originally Posted by aloreburn View Post
    It’s a struggle Spike. One win from the last 13 league games and only 4 all season. We’re in deep sh!t
    So now is the time to get behind the club eh?

Like I say it’s a struggle….

Good result today but definitely not buying into the happy clapper stuff.

We are in this position like the last 4 seasons due to poor leadership at the top and for the benefit of the club this mould simply has to change.

Quote Originally Posted by deek5trans View Post
    Good result today but definitely not buying into the happy clapper stuff.

We are in this position like the last 4 seasons due to poor leadership at the top and for the benefit of the club this mould simply has to change.
    Firstly cut out the happy clapper crap, no one is happy with the way the club is currently run, and get real as the situation will not change this season unless someone steps in with a bucket of cash in the next two weeks which I strongly suspect is very unlikely. True supporters of Queens support them through the tough, hard times as we are currently going through and as we have done on countless times in the past. If you are not on board then go elsewhere but now is the time to stand up for our club.

People that spout this happy clapper stuff are hilarious and idiotic in equal measure. I suspect there are fans that recycle this garbage who are happy to support many clubs as long as they are winning and/or successful of sorts. True fans will support a club through thick and thin.

Because people are true fans doesn't mean they sit and clap everything. They are as frustrated as everyone else however football clubs are a large part of lives, not some thing to dip in and out of when they are winning like those who miscall "happy clappers"

And I suspect that supporter is "elsewhere". QOS will be his/her wee team with a city giant being the main club otherwise........

I think we really do need to change the tune, - and not only stick together but accept our situation a wee bit more.

The easiest thing in the world is to criticise, - so maybe a wee bit of leeway should be given?

I'm sure the BOD would accept that things could have been done better, - of course they could, - but they have effectively said, - if anyone thinks they can do better, - the door is open.

I've kind of said this before, - but look at the position Falkirk find themselves in: a new ground, a 4000 home support and plenty of money, but it doesn't guarantee success. In the EPL, Man Utd have unlimited cash available and enough quality players to produce 2 squads capable of playing in that league, yet they are really struggling, while Newcastle have unlimited cash at their disposal and new players brought in, - yet they had one shot on target yesterday and are in deep doo doo!

Queen of the South have a core home support of just 1000, - (when the Pandemic allows us); and a BOD essentially performing miracles, - yet some of the support do nothing but criticise. Why would anyone invest in the club, - if all they are going to get is dog's abuse?

If you produced a very basic business plan and you look at the money coming in versus the expenditure, - where is the logic in investing?

The law of diminishing returns is affecting Queen of the South dramatically, - with the core support reducing year on year, and a pandemic that is perhaps just half way through.

A little more acceptance of the huge issues facing the club is what is required, plus a reminder that throwing money at the perceived 'problem'does not fix things, as we discovered just two years after our glory period of the 2008 cup final, - and that Falkirk, Man Utd and Newcastle, plus virtually every other club are behaving like lemmings, - heading for the abyss.

Having said that, - we do need to bring in a couple of players before the January deadline, - plus I would like to see investment in someone with some marketing nous, - who is tech savvy and can relate to the fans, - to bridge the obvious gap between the BOD and the supporters.

So can we try pulling together? Perhaps offer suggestions rather than just moan?

It may be that some people will say "they've done that and it got us nowhere" - and that may be so, - but moaning will definitely get us nowhere, - I reckon we need everyone to pull their weight.

Il just remind you once again where we were under Norman Blount, Ronnie Bradford and Davie Ray in terms of fan club relations and fan spirit to where we are now...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)