+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Kion Etete

Kion Etete

Northampton Town have signed Tottenham Hotspur's Kion Etete on a season-long loan, with the striker agreeing a new contract with Spurs until 2023.

The 19-year-old scored nine goals in 21 games for Tottenham's under-23 side last season, having joined the Premier League side from Notts County in 2019.

Etete made five substitute appearances for the Magpies in the 2018-19 season.

"His link-up play is very effective and he provides a goal threat himself," said Northampton manager Jon Brady.

Etete is the Cobblers' 12th summer signing following their relegation to League Two last season.

BBC report

Etete signs

For Northampton Town on loan.

[Threads merged]

When these players sign for Spurs does anyone have any idea how much they get paid? I must admit I am bit out of touch with the premier league stuff nowadays. Personally I see these up and coming youngsters who end up in academy teams and then going out on loan to lower division sides as a complete waste of talent. I assume therefore they get a fair bit of the old moolah?

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    When these players sign for Spurs does anyone have any idea how much they get paid? I must admit I am bit out of touch with the premier league stuff nowadays. Personally I see these up and coming youngsters who end up in academy teams and then going out on loan to lower division sides as a complete waste of talent. I assume therefore they get a fair bit of the old moolah?
    They get a fair wack, Chelsea had a goalkeeper who they had no intention of ever playing (was on loan at Accrington in our L2 playoff season) on £15k a week. They hoover up talent and on silly wages and then release them at the end. That then drives up wages down the leagues. There really needs rules in place to avoid stock piling. Saying you can only loan out x amount of players or only having x amount of players registered