+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interest in Scotland national team

Interest in Scotland national team

Is it at all time low? The excitement of qualifying has vanished pretty rapidly.

We maybe have a potentialy world class player on our hands but it all seems so meh.

Most western euro nations still seem to attract large crowds and generate a bit of excitement among football fans but it all seems more than a bit flat with Scotland.

Clarke seems to be in a permanent state of raised suspicion or fairly flippant at any question he's asked.....a kinda dour Gordon Strachan.

I sat through the England v Albania game on Sunday......first game I've watched for 90 mins since playoff game at Rugby park......and it all seemed pretty pointless as well.....even crowd looked throughroughly bored.

Think they made a mistake not moving to Murrayfield, hampden is ****. The away support has always been decent but think the home support wuda increased in Edinburgh. Bigger capacity, better area and better stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    Think they made a mistake not moving to Murrayfield, hampden is ****. The away support has always been decent but think the home support wuda increased in Edinburgh. Bigger capacity, better area and better stadium.
    Totally agree about Murrayfield, took my grandson to see the Liverpool v Napoli.
    Great atmosphere with a full house, and good views all round the stadium. Both managers were impressed with the stadium, and endorsed it for football.
    It's also easier to access than Hampden.
    SFA blew their chance to move, but we all knew they would never leave Glasgow.
    Used to go to all the Scottish games at Hampden, when the crowds were 134,000 and 120,000,
    Hampden was a dump then, and still is. Wouldn't cross the road to watch Scotland now, but still always want them to win.
    For years, the problem is always scoring goals, and think that will continue, as most of the managers in Scotland are happy if their team keeps a clean sheet.
    We have lost the art of scoring goals, and it reflects on the national team.
    As for tonight's game, hope I'm wrong but can't see us getting a win tonight, they are now talking about a draw being a good result !

Quote Originally Posted by deecom View Post
    Totally agree about Murrayfield, took my grandson to see the Liverpool v Napoli.
    Great atmosphere with a full house, and good views all round the stadium. Both managers were impressed with the stadium, and endorsed it for football.
    Used to go to all the Scottish games at Hampden, when the crowds were 134,000 and 120,000,
    Hampden was a dump then, and still is. Wouldn't cross the road to watch Scotland now, but still always want them to win.
    For years, the problem is always scoring goals, and think that will continue, as most of the managers in Scotland are happy if their team keeps a clean sheet.
    As for tonight's game, hope I'm wrong but can't see us getting a win tonight, they are now talking about a draw being a good result !
    Pretty much spot on, pity our better players are full backs and holding midfielder. Cud do we a proper goalscorer.

I’ve zero interest in the national team, no been to watch them since the late 70’s and couldn’t care less if they qualify for finals or not. Hardly ever bother watching them on TV either.

Zero interest,last game was at Hampden against England in the Rous cup ,running battles in the streets….nah…..!!!

No interest whatsoever

Quote Originally Posted by deecom View Post
    Was in an 85k crowd twice at Hamden v England but the one v Sweden a night game was fantastic.

Only recently beaten by Sunderland v Charlton.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Is it at all time low? The excitement of qualifying has vanished pretty rapidly.

We maybe have a potentialy world class player on our hands but it all seems so meh.

Most western euro nations still seem to attract large crowds and generate a bit of excitement among football fans but it all seems more than a bit flat with Scotland.

Clarke seems to be in a permanent state of raised suspicion or fairly flippant at any question he's asked.....a kinda dour Gordon Strachan.

I sat through the England v Albania game on Sunday......first game I've watched for 90 mins since playoff game at Rugby park......and it all seemed pretty pointless as well.....even crowd looked throughroughly bored.
    I thought that England played Andorra last Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    I thought that England played Andorra last Sunday
    Yeah they did, my attention to detail wouldnae get me a job in forensics.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)