+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: England Under 21’s win Euro title.

England Under 21’s win Euro title.

Well played them but did any of you hear Cole Palmers interview afterwards!? 🫣

A shoe in for Soccer Saturday once he retires, natural successor to Clinton Morrison.

Thicker than school custard.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Well played them but did any of you hear Cole Palmers interview afterwards!? 🫣

A shoe in for Soccer Saturday once he retires, natural successor to Clinton Morrison.

Thicker than school custard.

Is he thicker than Joe Cole as that takes some beating?

Well done England.

Funny how we can’t do it at the highest level. It makes you consider where it goes wrong.

Hope for the future! Fingers crossed.

Our newer breed of young player have the superb technique we always used to bemoan that our player’s lacked.

In the main they’re at top sides such as Man City and have all of the player arrogance that goes with that.

They don’t think like we’ve always thought, they aren’t saddled with decades of failure like us lot.

Their biggest impediment may well be Southgate, they may well need a young manager like Eddie Howe rather than someone like Southgate who’s scarred by his past.

I think if Pep was manager we’d win the World Cup.

England are starting to become a force on the international stage, that’s a couple of younger age trophies now and some of that talent is coming through for the mens team, just need to be a bit more adventurous I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP67 is back! View Post
    England are starting to become a force on the international stage, that’s a couple of younger age trophies now and some of that talent is coming through for the mens team, just need to be a bit more adventurous I feel.
    That’s my point Dave.

Adventurous, exciting players and an ultra conservative manager who looks so uptight all the time.

Bellingham has everything needed to be our greatest ever player.

I forecast when Jude was just 16 that he’d be playing for a top 4 Premier League side and running England’s midfield before he was 20.

He’s done far better than that and he’s now at Real Madrid of course.

He’s England’s next captain and given the right manager, he’ll lift the World Cup.

A mention for Saka as well, he makes Sterling look like Grant compared to Regis, this lads quality and finishing is absolutely top drawer.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP67 is back! View Post

Totally agree Dave! Hope Carlos bloods a few of our youngsters in - everyone appreciates effort and desire - just look at Asante!

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Our newer breed of young player have the superb technique we always used to bemoan that our player’s lacked.

In the main they’re at top sides such as Man City and have all of the player arrogance that goes with that.

They don’t think like we’ve always thought, they aren’t saddled with decades of failure like us lot.

Their biggest impediment may well be Southgate, they may well need a young manager like Eddie Howe rather than someone like Southgate who’s scarred by his past.

I think if Pep was manager we’d win the World Cup.
    I can see a route whereby Pep might just might be the next England manager. He has declared he does want to manage a national team but not Spain!

One year from now England have either won the Euros under Southgate or bombed. Either way good time to go. Pep might just be bored of winning another Premier League title and wants a new challenge. It could happen.

Favourite right now is probably Lee Carsley

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    I can see a route whereby Pep might just might be the next England manager. He has declared he does want to manage a national team but not Spain!

One year from now England have either won the Euros under Southgate or bombed. Either way good time to go. Pep might just be bored of winning another Premier League title and wants a new challenge. It could happen.

Favourite right now is probably Lee Carsley
    Your last line 923 😩

Pep would give our players such confidence.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)