+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: New Signings?

First thoughts... To use that well worn cliche... a game of two halves. The 1st half XI, along with any new signings will be the mainstay of the matchday squad. The 2nd half XI will be bench sitters and mainstays of the U23s. Exceptions for me would be Stearman and Glover who both played well. Jake Rooney showed enough to make me think he could break through in the course of the season. The rest will be fringe players, only getting in due to injury or suspension. Byrne? Who? If he doesn't want to be here then it's Goodbye, there's nothing to say. Obviously thinks he can get a bigger wage elsewhere.....

I'm not worried about the keeper yet..... Allsop didn't fill us with great confidence in his first few games in the 23s and League Cup.... he will need to improve though. The Brighton loanee didn't impress but the same goes for him as for Wildsmith, new lad, give him time, he may come good.

Pity Byrne seems to be using the ‘Buchanan clause’ to leave. I thought he played well last season despite often looking like a booking waiting to happen.
    Still if he doesn’t want to be part of the rebuild and reckons he can do better elsewhere...so be it.

Does leave us short at full back though.

So its being said Werder Bremen are plotting for Jason Knight, question then and this goes back to what I tried to get across to Tricky - even though Knight has 1 year left on his contract can he tear that contract up because we were taken over, same TUPE rules the Buchanans reps used - the fact he has a year left won't make a blind bit of difference or whether DCFC slap a big price tag on him, if he can tear his contract up then a price tag is acedemic surely?

I don't think the Knight contract was changed through the admin period so unsure if the same could happen. Otherwise all of our pre September 2021 players would be de facto free agents.

This does seem to be a problem that football as a whole needs to address, otherwise all, eg Chelsea this year, players would become available for nothing and so could negotiate higher wages due to their being no transfer fee.

Yeah fair point on the the contract not being extended - I hadn't factored that in but you make the same point as I was trying to make to Tricky in that any club that is sold does that mean every players contract can be torn up?

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    I don't think the Knight contract was changed through the admin period so unsure if the same could happen. Otherwise all of our pre September 2021 players would be de facto free agents.
    I think that’s the crucial bit, GP. So is it just Buchanan and Byrne who this applies to or did Quantuma extend any other contracts?

Interesting that Cashin and Thompson were so happy to re-sign when they’re better prospects than B&B imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post

This does seem to be a problem that football as a whole needs to address, otherwise all, eg Chelsea this year, players would become available for nothing and so could negotiate higher wages due to their being no transfer fee.
    Indeed I think your right.

Any chance of providing the clarification I asked for?

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I think that’s the crucial bit, GP. So is it just Buchanan and Byrne who this applies to or did Quantuma extend any other contracts?

Interesting that Cashin and Thompson were so happy to re-sign when they’re better prospects than B&B imo.
    I believe that Byrne and Buchanan were the only two who had option clauses triggered by the club. Apart from the "famous five" who had contracts into this season or beyond, all the rest other than B&B were out of contract and free to go.

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    Yeah fair point on the the contract not being extended - I hadn't factored that in but you make the same point as I was trying to make to Tricky in that any club that is sold does that mean every players contract can be torn up?
    Stenson, I thought hat I said was obvious?
    Buckys contract had an extension, according to contract laws could be undone?
    If knight isn't on the same level, then he's not ripping anything up as far as I am concerned.

It appears Cardiff have agreed to release James Collins and he is now talking personal terms with Derby.

Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)