+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Becchio allowed to speak with derby

Becchio allowed to speak with derby

Apparently Norwich have allowed Luciano Becchio to talk to us about a possible move? Good signing? I would think that would spell the end of Sammon's derby career.

re: Becchio allowed to speak with derby

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan10
    Apparently Norwich have allowed Luciano Becchio to talk to us about a possible move? Good signing? I would think that would spell the end of Sammon's derby career.
    Would be a good addition, will know about Chris Martin already and he could well put a good word in for us. Better quality than I expected us to be considering to be honest, he was class in the Championship!

Where have you heard this mate? Last season I probably would have dismissed this without further consideration but now anything seems possible (within reason - not Van Persie for example!)

it was all over twitter the other day. Im not sure we need him tbh after bamford

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan10
    Now where did you hear this mate?

Can't say I've heard anything on this

Quote Originally Posted by triz
    it was all over twitter the other day. Im not sure we need him tbh after bamford
    I'm not on twitter so that tends to pass me by

It is plausible though that Sammon may be going judging by Clough's comments. If he were to leave then Becchio would be a direct replacement for him (assuming Bamford was always required to add more forwards anyway).
    Given the fact it looks like Jacobs is close to leaving then if it pans out as RF10 implies (which makes sense) then it would be 2 in and 2 out whilst increasing the overall quality - quite significantly in the case of Sammon v Becchio

Quote Originally Posted by Fletch_11

It is plausible though that Sammon may be going judging by Clough's comments. If he were to leave then Becchio would be a direct replacement for him (assuming Bamford was always required to add more forwards anyway).
    Given the fact it looks like Jacobs is close to leaving then if it pans out as RF10 implies (which makes sense) then it would be 2 in and 2 out whilst increasing the overall quality - quite significantly in the case of Sammon v Becchio [/quote]

who were you told by? He's on 30k pw you know

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDerbySuperRams

Given the fact it looks like Jacobs is close to leaving then if it pans out as RF10 implies (which makes sense) then it would be 2 in and 2 out whilst increasing the overall quality - quite significantly in the case of Sammon v Becchio [/quote]

who were you told by? He's on 30k pw you know[/quote]

I'd imagine if there's any truth in it we'd probably pay half his wages. £15k is a lot for our budget but not out of the question considering we're challenging for the top 2.

now if it is

Are you suggesting the pay structure we have been holding to is now being blown out the water?

Or is this a case of what the Red Dogs were doing and making up silly rumours and outlandish claims which we took great pleasure in ridiculing?

It would seem very odd to suddenly be stock piling players we don't need and paying over the odds all over the place when we are already losing money and being underwritten by the owners.

Boom and bust is where it all goes wrong for clubs. Is this the reality or the fiction?

there's no chance of us paying £30k rat.

just found this link. as I said in my previous post I can't see us paying any more than £15k. - view external link

I cant see us paying even half that if we got him on loan. the club still has a budget and that on top of the other loans would blow it.

My point is with all they PR and Hype are people getting carried away now and expectations of what we are open to pay gone through the roof of reality? Even mcClaren stated about limits on money when he came!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)