+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ben White, Dan James, De Paul - yes / no

Ben White, Dan James, De Paul - yes / no

Both the White & James, were long drawn out sagas ( less maybe De Paul ) with many bids / offers / deals put forward - and for whatever reason/s, player, club, agent, rejected. No doubt the club submitted offers that were deemed fair & affordable, all in line with the clubs finances at that time - yes moving forward, we maybe even better placed now, re investment / transfer pot etc, but gossip aside, should the club offer again, or put these deals to bed, and move on.
    Both have potential ( White first hand )but do we need something different now / going back maybe a negative move / is their better now available.

Quote Originally Posted by bathlad61 View Post
    Both the White & James, were long drawn out sagas ( less maybe De Paul ) with many bids / offers / deals put forward - and for whatever reason/s, player, club, agent, rejected. No doubt the club submitted offers that were deemed fair & affordable, all in line with the clubs finances at that time - yes moving forward, we maybe even better placed now, re investment / transfer pot etc, but gossip aside, should the club offer again, or put these deals to bed, and move on.
    Both have potential ( White first hand )but do we need something different now / going back maybe a negative move / is their better now available.
    Would say yes to James and De Paul as better than what we have or they would replace - especially de Paul.

White is great but we now have enough CB and Koch or Llorente can play CDM - if Brighton got relegated and began to
    be sensible about value then maybe but that might mean others out.

See we have been linked with another Rennes player Camavinga - he is super young but already a beast and can play CDM.

Left back is where we also need to invest and a back up striker

If those 3 were in the team, we would undoubtably be better, so yes.

White- Love him back but realisticall with Struijk, Llorente and Koch all for me good enough you can't have 4 cbs all similar quality. Think at CB we have a good balance for next year with Cooper probably playing the 4th choice back up role.

De Paul- Without a doubt, he is what we are missing someone with that touch of class in attacking midfield who can score and assist

James- No, I'd rather we did better hes good but for me not right for us and he does too much diving, don't want that nonsense in our team

Forget White @ Brighton, go for Trossard at the other end of the pitch (and you can forget James in the process).

Would snap up the lad from Spam - Soucek - he is phenomenal

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Would snap up the lad from Spam - Soucek - he is phenomenal
    I was thinking of those who might be available, Soucek is not one of those!

True but I can dream - was super impressed with him against us and generally this season.

Wonder if we will look at Rico Henry and we keep getting linked with the Celtic full back. The lad from Holland Wijndal looks very good

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    True but I can dream - was super impressed with him against us and generally this season.

Wonder if we will look at Rico Henry and we keep getting linked with the Celtic full back. The lad from Holland Wijndal looks very good
    No-one from north of the border, they simply cannot be regarded as credible when their league is so limited that my grandson could look impressive.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)