+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Chesterfurlough FC ask fans for cash for frost covers

looks like their gamble might be paying dividends ! I'm sure there is not one of us who hope it back fires on them and sees the dream go mammaries up !

The tie is worth about 300k to Chesterfield. So whatever happens to them that is a very nice pot of cash to build another promotion bid next season. They are in a very good spot. I dont agree with Pedro they have had a rough ride the last few years and I wish them well. However I hope we pip them to promotion this season of course!

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    The tie is worth about 300k to Chesterfield. So whatever happens to them that is a very nice pot of cash to build another promotion bid next season. They are in a very good spot. I dont agree with Pedro they have had a rough ride the last few years and I wish them well. However I hope we pip them to promotion this season of course!
    The good news for them QP is they can now afford the new frost covers without the fans having to pay for them.
    They might have had it tough over the last few years but cheating your way out isn't the answer. I cant believe that furloughing your players and then replacing them with new signings isn't cheating especially when they were insured against Covid so would have been financially covered anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    looks like their gamble might be paying dividends ! I'm sure there is not one of us who hope it back fires on them and sees the dream go mammaries up !
    I just can’t like this club or wish them well. Normally always support the underdog but won’t be in this tie.

I always had a soft spot for Chesterfield. I used to read about them in the Football Post, and we picked up one of their better players, Kevin Randall, from them. But in those days they weren’t doing better than us!

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    The good news for them QP is they can now afford the new frost covers without the fans having to pay for them.
    They might have had it tough over the last few years but cheating your way out isn't the answer. I cant believe that furloughing your players and then replacing them with new signings isn't cheating especially when they were insured against Covid so would have been financially covered anyway.
    You could argue that we won a certain league title a few years ago by signing and attracting players to the club we also could not really afford due to fake oil money but it didn't stop us did it. Yes they are stretching the rules but as I always said to my mum rules are made to be broken and its always better to ask for forgiveness and have a good time than live a boring life!

You could argue that we won a certain league title a few years ago by signing and attracting players to the club we also could not really afford due to fake oil money but it didn't stop us did it. Yes they are stretching the rules but as I always said to my mum rules are made to be broken and its always better to ask for forgiveness and have a good time than live a boring life!
    To be fair we and then club were conned unlike chesterfield who seem to have done the conning

Quote Originally Posted by applepie2 View Post
    But in those days they weren’t doing better than us!
    Only 4 points 'better than us'. First time in 5 years and they've only been in a higher league than us for 2 of the last 14 seasons (and only 6 seasons in the 50 years since we bought Randall).

The footballing Gods haven’t forgiven us. The last decade or so has been a painful demise - which I think is punishment enough. We have had a succession of poor owners, poor managers and poor players. All culminating to our current situation, which ironically, is the first time since the con that we have a squad that is competitive, a manager that is forward thinking and owners who are not silly enough to gamble the clubs fortunes on hope. Everything about the club is better than at any point in the last decade and I include our playoff season prior to relegation.
    What we never did though was con the paying tax man by furloughing our players to our advantage so we could save the finances to be more competitive. We were properly conned but Chesterfield IMO are down right unethical in what they have done in the past year or 2 and that doesn’t sit right with me.

Capitalism is a dirty game and in the case of Chezzy downright filthy, but Notts have played an even dirtier form of capitalism in the not-too-distant past.
    Rather than focusing on slagging off our opponents and inventing micky-taking names, let's take them apart on the field of play. Or are we an inferior side?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast