+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: New Signings?

Having a discussion on FB. McGoldrick. Double figures in 3 of 18 seasons doesn't say "recognised striker" to me. One poster has got his teeth into it and says I'm objectively wrong. Hasn't said why but keeps telling me I'm wrong. I've explained it's all opinion and based on our own individual benchmarks and neither of us are right and neither wrong. Having a different opinion is OK. He doesn't seem to agree.

Matey has now dropped the word "recognised" and finished with He's a striker. end.

Think he meant end of

I closed with "I hope you're right"

Seems my factual statement of 3 seasons in double figures from 18 is opinion and not fact

Highly rated young CD, Haydon Roberts joined on loan season long loan from Brighton.
    We certainly seem okay for central defenders this time.

I think he may prefer to be known as a CB rather than a CD, particularly given his parent club lication

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    I think he may prefer to be known as a CB rather than a CD, particularly given his parent club lication
    Subtle

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Maybe or perhaps he doesn't give a ****? Anyway a CD is necessarily gay!

Yes looks like the defence is almost sorted. Now we need a few up front I concur with MA on McGoldrick, though he is very useful player 9nterms of creating chances. Maybe Collins if we land him will be the goal scorer.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    I don't recall suggesting so either, just you leaping to conclusions

Yes looks like the defence is almost sorted. Now we need a few up front I concur with MA on McGoldrick, though he is very useful player 9nterms of creating chances. Maybe Collins if we land him will be the goal scorer.
    His most recent returns, for Ipswich and the Blades, have been pretty good and that was at a higher level than L1.

Still a bit short at FB aren’t we?

Another thing you seem to get unusually and unnecessarily touchy about…

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    His most recent returns, for Ipswich and the Blades, have been pretty good and that was at a higher level than L1.

Still a bit short at FB aren’t we?
    I’m still more worried about goalkeeper. We need at least two with league experience and pref better ball control than today if we intend to continue with that folly

Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)