+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: England @. Euro 2024

England @. Euro 2024

The season is finally over so attentions turn to the start of Euro 2024 on 14th June.
    A friendly against Bosnia this evening and I feel some Leam Richardson type football being served up
    Im not a fan of Southgate. He is a FA yes man and is as boring as an insurance seminar but I would like us to do well and finally bring that major tournament drought to an end.

I'm not a fan of Lewis Dunk in defence. I just feel he's in the team because we have very few quality options at CB. I just can't see past the absolute calamity he had against Belgium.

Can't say I've seen enough of Guehi or Konsa to make a judgement, but either way, I can't believe Eric Dier is not in the Euro squad. He'd be a steady player with tournament experience to bring on if something happens to either Maguire or Stones. The others are a bit of an unknown quantity.

Trippier at LB is fair sign that it'll be his starting position if Luke Shaw isn't fit.

Well it's almost 20 minutes in and no goals so it's a steady game as they say. No Maguire or Stones tonight due to injuries., or do some players not want to turn up for certain games now the season's over? Just saying like.

Turned it off boring boring sheeite

How miserable did the players look during the anthem ?

Never thought I'd say it but - really not bothered all this tip tap back passing stuff is dire to watch

Are they told not to shoot at goal other than from the six yard box 🤔

Southgate looks like he's got his next job lined up modelling catalogue sweaters!

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Southgate looks like he's got his next job lined up modelling catalogue sweaters!
    gru, did you see my reply to you the other day pal?

I can't understand (but yet I can) the hatred towards Gareth Southgate.He is the 2nd most successful England Manager in history.......FACT! Now if you were to categorise that all England Managers who have never won anything are failures then Southgate is a failure........along with all the rest other than Alf Ramsey! I am unfortunately old enough to remember Bobby Robson being the England manager and the vitriol handed to him was awful.Now he is dead,everybody loves him.It really is a strange world!

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    gru, did you see my reply to you the other day pal?

Yes seen it thanks let you know how it goes by PM

Bobby had some passion and a personality. Southgate is dull as dishwater just like his football. Yes he is a successful manager if you look at results and tournament progression but he has had a generous pool of excellent players at his disposal. I'd like to think I could have put out a competitive team with the same at my disposal. I know it's all speculative but i do wonder what a more progressive manager could have achieved with the same pool of players

What a goal that was from Arnold. Good to see us trying to move the ball more quickly in the 2nd half. Too narrow but trying to get it forward quicker, and the movement of the ball leading up to the 2nd was great to watch.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast