+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Lib Dem 2024 General Election manifesto

Lib Dem 2024 General Election manifesto

I enclose the Lib Dem 2024 General Election manifesto. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...y-and-net-zero
    Some of the proposals in it are unbelievable and ill thought out.
    Where are 60 million trees going to be planted every year and where are 150,000 new council and social homes going to be built every year.
    There is not enough space in the U.K. unless they are planning to plant the 60 million trees and 150,000 council and social homes on the green belt and prime agricultural land.
    During the past few weeks I have been in dialogue with the Lib Dem candidate for Argyll and Bute about their ‘tin pot’ ideas for illegal immigrants in the U.K.
    During our discussions he told me that Opposition parties in the U.K. cannot fully cost the proposals in their election manifestos because unlike the Government they do not have access to the civil service.
    Therefore the Lib Dem 2024 General Election manifesto is a ‘wish list’ and the proposals in it have not been fully costed before being published.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    I enclose the Lib Dem 2024 General Election manifesto. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...y-and-net-zero
    Some of the proposals in it are unbelievable and ill thought out.
    Where are 60 million trees going to be planted every year and where are 150,000 new council and social homes going to be built every year.
    There is not enough space in the U.K. unless they are planning to plant the 60 million trees and 150,000 council and social homes on the green belt and prime agricultural land.
    During the past few weeks I have been in dialogue with the Lib Dem candidate for Argyll and Bute about their ‘tin pot’ ideas for illegal immigrants in the U.K.
    During our discussions he told me that Opposition parties in the U.K. cannot fully cost the proposals in their election manifestos because unlike the Government they do not have access to the civil service.
    Therefore the Lib Dem 2024 General Election manifesto is a ‘wish list’ and the proposals in it have not been fully costed before being published.
    Almost as bad as the perverted Greens.

They announced plans last week that new social housing would prioritise working people. I can't see that being legal but that sounds like a great idea to me.

Quote Originally Posted by The AuldYin View Post
    They announced plans last week that new social housing would prioritise working people. I can't see that being legal but that sounds like a great idea to me.
    They also want to almost scrap what we have left of immigration policy.

Give the vote to 16 year olds.

Get to net zero as quickly as possible.

Re join EU

And install proportional representation.

Make abortion even easier with possible abortion up to birth, make it easier for people to get access to assisted dying even those not terminally ill.

Compulsory pro nouns .......I made that up but would not surprise me.

Some of the proposals in it are unbelievable and ill thought out. .
    Like the suggestions and ideas etc you post on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    They also want to almost scrap what we have left of immigration policy.

Give the vote to 16 year olds.

Get to net zero as quickly as possible.

Re join EU

And install proportional representation.

Make abortion even easier with possible abortion up to birth, make it easier for people to get access to assisted dying even those not terminally ill.

Compulsory pro nouns .......I made that up but would not surprise me.
    They want proportional representation because it suits them.
    We have proportional representation with the list MSPs in the Scottish Government elections and as a result we have the useless Green MSPs.

Quote Originally Posted by The AuldYin View Post
    That makes a change.
    About ten years ago a new social housing development was built on Islay and only one property was allocated to a working person.
    The rest of them were allocated to unemployed people and single parents.

They want proportional representation because it suits them.
    We have proportional representation with the list MSPs in the Scottish Government elections and as a result we have the useless Green MSPs.
    The Green MP's would have a completely proportionate amount of say for their votes, none in constituencies but 8% of the regional vote giving them 7 seats out of 129. Powerless.

Until the SNP stepped in to promote them to government positions they should never have had for their own self interest.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)