+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Too Soon?

Recruitment needs to happen now not when every ****er gone and we wait for the scraps

Gru makes a good point regarding Cooper and Kayode. I really hope they're fully integrated into the first team squad next season. They could be the energetic spark we all need come August.

Depending upon who leaves, we've got the makings of a good squad. It doesn't need a massive overhaul. It does need, in my opinion, a re-think tactically.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy King of the West View Post
    Gru makes a good point regarding Cooper and Kayode. I really hope they're fully integrated into the first team squad next season. They could be the energetic spark we all need come August.

Depending upon who leaves, we've got the makings of a good squad. It doesn't need a massive overhaul. It does need, in my opinion, a re-think tactically.
    Cooper not ready imo even though I do like the lad (what I’ve seen which isn’t much)
    Kayode will be given a chance according to Warney (that probably means he’s got to be head and shoulder above the rest in training)

Yes I agree we don’t need to overhaul and hopefully we don’t but we need recruiting now on a few players

Quote Originally Posted by harpo88 View Post
    Agree in principle but doesn’t quite seem to fit with our general style - I had high hopes for David Ball who was probably the last of that type of player we had, but just didn’t click as we are always likely to play with at least one big striker.
    Perhaps this is where we need to develop our style? Especially if we lose Crooks. Would be the ideal time to develop our system in the attacking sense and go looking for that crafty link player. We may even lose Smudge and Ladapo but I think that unlikely. Chance to really refresh the front line as we need more there regardless or not if we lose anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by MillersTime View Post
    Perhaps this is where we need to develop our style? Especially if we lose Crooks. Would be the ideal time to develop our system in the attacking sense and go looking for that crafty link player. We may even lose Smudge and Ladapo but I think that unlikely. Chance to really refresh the front line as we need more there regardless or not if we lose anyone.
    Ladapo will score in L1 but if Derby want him then he’s gone
    I also think there’s no chance of Blackman coming back
    Not sure Smith will want to leave, Crooks might want to head high as he can so he’ll be deliberating

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    How would the club move Joe Mattock on ?
    He's under contract till 2022, lives local and doesn't need to move if he doesn't want to.
    I would hope to keep Viktor and Vickers, another left- back needed.
    Teddy Bishop a central midfielder may be worth a look at.
    Keep him for a final year then as a backup, not so much pressure on his body might mean we can get him on the pitch occasionally. But then you have Clarke who would end up being 3rd choice and probably moving on. Either way, we need, as usual, a LB/LWB. Getting someone like Giles again would be a big tick off the list.

It would be good if we can add a bit more passing and composure into the mix with our pressing and direct play, get the most out of Barlaser, Wiles etc. Difficult to risk that in Championship though.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Ladapo will score in L1 but if Derby want him then he’s gone
    I also think there’s no chance of Blackman coming back
    If we get a fair offer I would let him go too. Ladapo isn't someone I would lose sleep over in having to replace. Doable.

We won't need Blackman will we. We finally have our own No.1 and then have Vickers back or find another backup to the Viking.

Oh and am I the only one who hasn’t seen Clarke do much wrong defensively when he’s played? Interesting as to what goes on in training but if possible would like to see him have a run

Quote Originally Posted by harpo88 View Post
    It would be good if we can add a bit more passing and composure into the mix with our pressing and direct play, get the most out of Barlaser, Wiles etc. Difficult to risk that in Championship though.
    Absolutely. Then, if we played that way with greater emphasis on passing and are good enough to get promoted then the team will have more confidence in themselves. The coaches will and the fans will too. We played with a nice blend yesterday of working off Smudge and passing the ball, opening the midfield up and having runners. If we have the big man threat, a pacey player off of them AND a solid enough passing game to break the lines then that will be super dangerous for teams. They won't know whether to press, let us have it, or what. Lets add more strings to our bow.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast