+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FAO Southern Qld hillbilly

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    Is what how it’s pronounced? To which word do you refer, just to please Sid?
    It was the name I was referring to - presumably Annastacia Palaszczuk, or as some Aussies prefer to say, Anus Tazer Pallet Chook.

This may be an instance beyond Sid's remit.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    I listen to HOT FM so I would not know.

However they have this weird diversity thing going on with their TV news presenters. There is one white female, one black male, one who clearly presents as genderless and a Zebra.

There are no corks on the hats they were declared racist 2 decades ago.

Having lived in QLD and WA I am qualified to comment and the flies in WA are definutlee worse.
    So what non-racist fly defenders are permitted on hats? On what grounds are corks racist? Is it worse than Pommie Barstewards?

I just recall being bent double with the weight of the flies when playing golf, and forever waving at folk. But as far as I recall the bush flies were fairly harmless and with the right technique it was possible to zap them with a finger.

March flies you can zap because they’re big and slow but the other buggers are too quick. You would be correct about Anastasia too.

The only place you will find a cork hat is out at Uluru/Ayers Rock where the flies are plentiful. Underneath the cork hat you will usually find a pale white male with socks and sandals. Draw your own conclusions as to where they come from.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    So what non-racist fly defenders are permitted on hats? On what grounds are corks racist? Is it worse than Pommie Barstewards?

I just recall being bent double with the weight of the flies when playing golf, and forever waving at folk. But as far as I recall the bush flies were fairly harmless and with the right technique it was possible to zap them with a finger.
    Redneck barsteward above is correct the March files ( Sand Files) are slow but they hurt like hell when they bite. I'm a bit smarter than him so there are no flies on me though. Corks were determined to be racist as they did not come in a wide enough selection of colours. Plus they also don't work and are really annoying but lets not get into that. Just wear a fly net! I have to say that I am surprised that laddo hasn't accused Foreign Legion of grooming me yet on this post. Most disappointing!

Erm got to pull you up there QP...as far as I’m aware the March fly (Horse fly) is a large slow beast, whereas the sandfly (midgie) is a small prick of a thing that you can’t see. At least that’s the go up in the tropics.

Erm got to pull you up there QP...as far as I’m aware the March fly (Horse fly) is a large slow beast, whereas the sandfly (midgie) is a small prick of a thing that you can’t see. At least that’s the go up in the tropics.
    Maybe its just me that calls them that then. In which case I have been calling them the wrong name for 18 years.

Oh well!

Either way they are both a pain up the ass.

That's ok mate, as the original QP, I'm here to help and correct you. Your last line is bang on though.

That's ok mate, as the original QP, I'm here to help and correct you. Your last line is bang on though.
    Do you want me to change my name to unoriginal queenslandpie?

No, but I should be charging you a franchise fee or the like.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast