+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: MB leaving?

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Not sure how you come by the "click bait" slur?

Bielsa may be his own man, and he may be in the process of signing for the 3rd time (and in his own time), but its irrefutably the case that this is the first time either he, or anyone at the club, from owner to groundsman and all in between, have been approaching games in the Premiership, so hardly the same scenario, and hardly worthy of the same process.

Also not sure how you come by the "seeing the club attempt to sign the players he has identified" statement. We have Gelhardt, and..........................err, no-one else new to the club (and it's not as though you needed a brain surgeon to work out that White was wanted, surely?).

Happen to agree with all of your first sentence, unfortunately all those facts do is point to a club that needs to prepare for a very different season to anything any of those at the club have experienced. Leaving it to less than a month before seasons start, not only to sign players in key positions, but to get the coach under contract, is hardly a mature, managed, controlled preparation.
    To be fair 'consideration' is Bielsa's right and I'm damn sure he'd want to know what the clubs ownership structure was/is going to be for starters - that problem was why he walked out on French football twice.The plus side is Rad just wants to stay up next season within budget whilst new owners/part owners may want more from Bielsa.
    For me Bielsa is bang on with the way he's handled the situation & note the below 'last sentence' from him.

Marseille & Bielsa scenario states.....

Immediately after their lacklustre defeat, Bielsa, who had only been in charge at the Stade Velodrome since May 2014, announced his resignation.

“I have finished my work here, I will return to my country,” said Bielsa, who guided the former European champions to fourth place in Ligue 1 last season.

“I thank the fans for always being behind me during games and on a daily basis.

“I am sad and frustrated. I cannot accept the situation of instability at the club,” added Bielsa, who accused the club of last-minute changes to the details of a contract he was ready to sign which would have kept him at Marseille until 2017.

To add spice to the drama, Bielsa left it to his interpreter to read out the key phrase of his letter of resignation which was sent to Marseille president Vincent Labrune.

“We had reached an agreement on a contract extension for 2016-2017, which was missing just a signature,” he wrote in his letter.

Bielsa said he had met Wednesday with the club’s chief executive Philippe Perez and Igor Levin, the lawyer of Marseille owner Margarita Louis Dreyfus.

“They wanted to change the contract,” the Argentine wrote. “I took this final decision as working together requires a minimum of trust which we do not have.”

Trust I believe IS mutual & he'll sign when ready,WTF11.
    MOT
    Last edited by MrsORichSenior; 18-08-2020 at 10:20 AM.

Spoken by someone with so much knowledge of what they may or may not be doing. None of us really do.

Record kit deal, record sponsorship deals plural, plans to redevelop the West stand, 5 players in already, targets identified and attempts being made to bring them in - Angus Kinnear was on TSB and spoke of targets in the region of 70m.

He also spoke about MB and the contract and part of the charm of Bielsa is he seems less interested in the contractual detail but he is at work planning for next season so would seem the club is doing something right.

I really don’t get your negativity when most of us are just happy that we are back in the prem.

Not sure how you come by the "click bait" slur?

Bielsa may be his own man, and he may be in the process of signing for the 3rd time (and in his own time), but its irrefutably the case that this is the first time either he, or anyone at the club, from owner to groundsman and all in between, have been approaching games in the Premiership, so hardly the same scenario, and hardly worthy of the same process.

Also not sure how you come by the "seeing the club attempt to sign the players he has identified" statement. We have Gelhardt, and..........................err, no-one else new to the club (and it's not as though you needed a brain surgeon to work out that White was wanted, surely?).

Happen to agree with all of your first sentence, unfortunately all those facts do is point to a club that needs to prepare for a very different season to anything any of those at the club have experienced. Leaving it to less than a month before seasons start, not only to sign players in key positions, but to get the coach under contract, is hardly a mature, managed, controlled preparation.
    Click bait,, err this thread started off some idea that Bielsa is going to Barca
    We have no idea of all the players Bielsa outlined to the club as his targets before the promotion. It's his way of doing things and makes alot of sense.. in that he isn't sold a pup to see the club match his ambitions. As in the past there will be signings nobody saw coming,, there have been less signings in this Covid season. The transfer window runs till October 5, 7 weeks away, I would imagine most clubs will be kicking off the season on Sept 12 with much the same teams that have just finished the last season (who have Fulham or WBA signed or anybody else for that matter) its a quick turnaround. We are in for Cabral reportedly, hopefully we are working on a CB option, White has gone from 6M-50M on the back of playing well under MB. Chelsea are in for Dunk so I expect White to be staying there, this season is still ongoing or has just finished for some
    Why is preparation any different this season? The goal should as always to succeed, only now both the resources we have and that are required are higher.

Quote Originally Posted by whitestomper45 View Post
    Click bait,, err this thread started off some idea that Bielsa is going to Barca
    We have no idea of all the players Bielsa outlined to the club as his targets before the promotion. It's his way of doing things and makes alot of sense.. in that he isn't sold a pup to see the club match his ambitions. As in the past there will be signings nobody saw coming,, there have been less signings in this Covid season. The transfer window runs till October 5, 7 weeks away, I would imagine most clubs will be kicking off the season on Sept 12 with much the same teams that have just finished the last season (who have Fulham or WBA signed or anybody else for that matter) its a quick turnaround. We are in for Cabral reportedly, hopefully we are working on a CB option, White has gone from 6M-50M on the back of playing well under MB. Chelsea are in for Dunk so I expect White to be staying there, this season is still ongoing or has just finished for some
    Why is preparation any different this season? The goal should as always to succeed, only now both the resources we have and that are required are higher.
    "It's his way of doing things and makes alot of sense.. in that he isn't sold a pup to see the club match his ambitions.".......Casilla?, JKA?

Not really focussed on which (if any) players he has indicated he is interested in, simply those who actually come to the club (and addressing HOs comment about 5 players, 3 were loanees so hardly new to the club, and the lad from Wigan may be good, (I believe he will be for us too) but he's not going to be the only player that turns us into a true PL squad).

And for someone who constantly suggests I know nothing about football, for you to say "Why is preparation any different this season?" beggars belief. The shortest close season ever, the first season that this club will play in the PL, and preparation shouldn't differ from other seasons (including getting a coach under contract providing the certainty to those players who we do acquire (or who are already with the club)).

It's his way of doing things and makes alot of sense.. in that he isn't sold a pup to see the club match his ambitions.".......Casilla?, JKA?

Not really focussed on which (if any) players he has indicated he is interested in, simply those who actually come to the club (and addressing HOs comment about 5 players, 3 were loanees so hardly new to the club, and the lad from Wigan may be good, (I believe he will be for us too) but he's not going to be the only player that turns us into a true PL squad).

And for someone who constantly suggests I know nothing about football, for you to say "Why is preparation any different this season?" beggars belief. The shortest close season ever, the first season that this club will play in the PL, and preparation shouldn't differ from other seasons (including getting a coach under contract providing the certainty to those players who we do acquire (or who are already with the club)). Just keep om moaning about the club..., it's what you do best, its all a disaster, am sure the club is planning to fail. You keep going on about failed signings as if we are the only club .. Arsenal/Ozil and many more, Liverpool/too many to mention over the years, Scum/Sanchez and many more.... ... read again... the goal is to succeed you cnut (whatever circumstances or situations if that needs spelling out for you), now get back to your doom and gloom and sharing all knowing knowledge on the game

Quote Originally Posted by whitestomper45 View Post
    It's his way of doing things and makes alot of sense.. in that he isn't sold a pup to see the club match his ambitions.".......Casilla?, JKA?

And for someone who constantly suggests I know nothing about football, for you to say "Why is preparation any different this season?" beggars belief. The shortest close season ever, the first season that this club will play in the PL, and preparation shouldn't differ from other seasons (including getting a coach under contract providing the certainty to those players who we do acquire (or who are already with the club)). Just keep om moaning about the club..., it's what you do best, its all a disaster, am sure the club is planning to fail. You keep going on about failed signings as if we are the only club .. Arsenal/Ozil and many more, Liverpool/too many to mention over the years, Scum/Sanchez and many more.... ... read again... the goal is to succeed you cnut (whatever circumstances or situations if that needs spelling out for you), now get back to your doom and gloom and sharing all knowing knowledge on the game
    I do wish you and some others would address the issue.

I don't care about what other clubs have or haven't done regarding new players, why should I, I don't support any other club! (although I note you avoid the reference to "being sold a pup" and the huge success of Casilla and JKA (and Nketiah come to that)).

I haven't said it's all a disaster, or the we are planning to fail, simply raise a concern (which yes, was in response to the first post raised a few days ago) about how well prepared we are for the most significant start of season for more than a decade. I didn't call you names, just questioned the confidence you and others have as to how ready we will be to realise the goal, that is to succeed.

As with the "our Squad" thread, we will see what we will see.

Precisely. But had Leeds already had his signature on a contract, as an honourable man, which I believe him to be, he would honour that commitment. Leeds have found it possible to provide contracts to two loan players, to enter into a further loan period for Harrison, and obtain the service of the Gelhardt lad from Wigan, and yet less than 4 weeks to the start of a new season, our coach has no contract. Laughable if it wasnt so sad (and typically Leeds and their "lastminute.com" mentality)

Even if he stays, not have had his signature the day after were promoted, and more or less at any cost, and the lack of a clear statement of intent that such a move would have made, speaks volumes for the rank ineptitude of our exec level staff.
    For the sake of accuracy we have also brought in Cody Drameh from Fulham and Charlie Allen from Linfield. So we have done some good business.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrypie7 View Post
    For the sake of accuracy we have also brought in Cody Drameh from Fulham and Charlie Allen from Linfield. So we have done some good business.
    Happy to acknowledge the other two, but equally to be accurate, neither will figure any time soon in the 1st team squad.

I just dont think signing a new contract is high on Biesla's list of priorities at the moment.

I don't believe he is worried to much about the paper work, the club isn't worried either. I think he is an honourable person who takes people at their word and would not walk away from the club unless something unscrupulous happened.

Quote Originally Posted by LeedsFTW View Post
    I just dont think signing a new contract is high on Biesla's list of priorities at the moment.

I don't believe he is worried to much about the paper work, the club isn't worried either. I think he is an honourable person who takes people at their word and would not walk away from the club unless something unscrupulous happened.
    And I entirely agree.

I haven't suggested he would walk, only that without a contract he could (unscrupulous event or not).

I was trying, unsuccessfully of course, to make the point that the club could have made a statement by having his signature as the first not the last. By doing so they make it clear to potential newcomers that the man who has made such a dramatic difference to what were in many cases some fairly run-of-the-mill performances is here to stay. So many times we see reports of players connected with the club stating quite clearly that Bielsa is a key factor in their desire to play for the club, so if only to de-risk the pre-season and encourage other newcomers I would have thought Radrizzani and Kinnear could have been equally encouraging to the man and get his signature.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)